• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cutting a hogue stock

withccraft16

Private
Minuteman
Jul 12, 2014
Hi all, I have a hogue stock on my Remington and being in the U.K. I have a moderator on it. My mod is a modular over barrel device and I have finally managed to get a longer rear tube set. Issue is it’s marginally too long. So I either need to cut the tubes or the for end of the stock- it only needs about 1-1.5cm off I’m wondering if anyone has any experience of trimming the front end of a hogue stock?
Thanks for your help

Wont be pretty but should be super easy to cut the rubber plastic. Approximately 2 seconds with a saw.
415NNLmOQpS._AC_SY450_.jpg

About 10 years ago I did something similar, Hogue stock, Predator 8 moderator on a 20" .223

The rubber overlay doesn't help but the plastic underneath cuts and shapes easily, I cut it square with a mitre saw, then rounded it on a belt sander. Closed the end up with car body filler - isopon etc - more Belt sanding then a quick blast with a spray can

For a dedicated foxing rifle at night it looked respectable, if you can find a take off HS Prescion stock - eBay- you get better rigidity and its easier to reshape.

Now I'm USA based and even now parts are 100000000% more available than the UK, so I get your position mate