• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cutting Edge 32Grn results

JM4590

Private
Minuteman
Jun 28, 2013
Midland,Va
1683484191614.jpeg

So….pictured above is the course of fire today. Temps were mid 70’s wind was light (as in slight breeze). Matter of fact, I only held edge of target to make my hits, no hold off required on any target. That ends up equaling about .2 from center of target to edge. That is not to say that I hit all targets center, but today was more of a learning shoot.

I don’t have a range where I can dope these rounds all the way out to 300 and beyond, so I relied on the Kestrel for doping. I think I have a BC input of G1 of .230.

So shot the first relay and adjusted DOPE. Adjusted / actual DOPE is what is written. Per Kestrel= 100 was .2 too high. 123 was on. 157 was .5 high. 190 was .2 high. 237 was 1 mil high. 282 was on. 322 was .2 high. 200 was on. 151 was on. 105 was .1 high.

I tried truing MV and I also adjusted BC. The result of that was some distances would match up to actual DOPE and others were still high. So I think Kestrel just struggles with these little 22 pills…..or it could be that I am not aware of how to bring the truing to the .22 bullets. MV of these little pills is right at 1550 as recorded by Magnetospeed.

So this is a 30 round relay. Two shots on targ 1,4 on targ 2, 4 on targ 3, 4 on targ 4, 4 on targ 5, 2 on targ 6, 2 on targ 7, 4 on targ 8, 2 on targ 9, and two eggs.

On relay two I dropped 5 shots. I hit every target at least once. Not bad, but no real conditions to shoot around. Not sure how it would have gone had the wind been more of a factor. These rounds certainly have the speed, and accuracy is there, but as compared to some 40grnrs in the wind…not sure.

I shot these out of a VooDoo. 16” standard twist barrel. NF ATACR 4-16, MPA chassis. I cleaned the barrel prior to shooting these and have ONLY shot these since the cleaning. Meaning no lead rounds in between the CE bullets. Load is using CFE Pistol.

Sooooooo…..are they worth the trouble? They are tedious as F to load. I think I could prob get a little better accuracy if I had a better scale. I’ve used electronics and balance beam. These little nuggets need to be loaded to the .1 grain. I’m not gonna invest in the Prometheus to load .22 rimfire. I don’t know, kinda cool to shoot MY 22 ammo, but much easier to buy a box of SK rifle.

This is my results for the 32Grn Cutting Edge bullets. Try some if you can, or hit up a buddy who is playin with em. I think if the conditions are right, and one can DOPE these out to say 350 by actually shooting them and recording the DOPE, they may be worth a shot (pun intended). Are they gonna take over the world of 22 PRS or NRL….oh hell no! Way too much work \ cost for a return that is easily matched or bettered by SK / Eley / Lapua….but for folks like me with time on their hands, something fun to play around with.

Next is to load up another 100 and try them in a PRS style match.

The g1 is no where near 230.

Also, try some bullet lube and it will really help keep speeds more consistent

I tried alox most recently and sadly, it’s not enough for a whole PRs style match. I’m trying silicone grease next .