• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cutting Edge CuRx loading tray

missilemantdi

Private
Minuteman
Sep 19, 2014
Athens, AL
For those loading the Cutting Edge CuRx rimfire ammo. None of my standard reloading tray held the small cases safely and I've seen some comments that the CE tray isn't much better, so I've designed a tray that actually holds the cases securely and makes it easier to load the small cases.
I've also got a powder funnel that fits the case perfectly. PM me if you want to buy one, or more as it saves on shipping. Not trying to make a profit as much as trying to cover the costs and get some feedback from other users. They may be a different color that what's in these pictures.
I've had some outstanding results with the 32gr projectile and Viht N350 so I'll probably keep using them but I had to improve the loading operations significantly.

Here's a video showing how well it holds the cases. There is NO POWDER obviously in the cases. It will not stop you from shaking powder out.

IMG_1923.JPEG

28A6C653-58FD-4A90-92CF-3A430DB2422C.jpg

Last edited:
Very cool. I've been wanting to play around with the CE 22lr offerings but haven't taken the plunge yet due to lack of free time. When I do, I'll definitely looking to get a set of those from you.

How are the CE rounds for accuracy and what barrel are you using?

I have the Bartlein barrel on the Vudoo. So far the CE system is far more consistent than the standard high end rimfire ammo that I have been using. Burns cleaner also so I can use a different suppressor.

VERY interested in what you are doing. I wanted to do this but understood the barrel twist isn't quite right for 22LR for the CE stuff.

Do you have any details on what you are running for barrel twist and any details on how your loading process goes?

The 32gr projectiles are working well in my vudoo 1:16 twist. I can also still use common rimfire options. Faster twist is apparently necessary for the heavier options. My understanding from talking to the guys at Vudoo is that the faster twist sort of works you into the CE corner and makes using traditional selection more difficult or impractical.
I also use one of my suppressors that do not disassemble as the powder should burn cleaner and not have lead.

A faster twist doesn’t lock you into CE. There are other options that have a higher bc as well.

Correct, my statement was not intented as an absolute but if you go with the 1:6 recommended by CE for the 50gr option, then shooting normal stuff (Lapua, Eley) could become a little different. I have no experience with the 1:6 twist, this is only hear say from reputable sources that know.
I take my kids shooting so i didn’t want to make shooting the cheap stuff too challenging.

I’ve been shooting the 50gn CE bullets in a 1:6 twist barrel with decent results. I think whether you can shoot traditional ammo well will depend on what chamber you use. If you use the CE recommended chamber, traditional ammo probably won’t be as good as it is in a tight match chamber. But a tight match chamber won’t work well for the CE heavy bullets, because too much force is required to jam them in.

Geno has had good results with the Badlands 50gn .22 bullets and (I think) a regular match chamber. I can say that my experience is that the Badlands bullets don’t shoot that great in the CE recommended chamber; I think it is too loose for them.

If you are looking for a hybrid that will shoot both well, I think a 1:9 twist with a not super tight match chamber and the 40gn CE bullets might have the best potential, but I haven’t tried that.

Reactions: Geno C.
You’re correct. I have a regular, match chamber in both my current barrels. My bullet was designed that way. I have a couple reamers now that are designed around maximizing performance of the bullet.

My barrels do shoot quite respectable with match ammo. Not sure yet on how they’ll do with the bore rider reamer I’m using next though. Pretty sure, it’s the first of it’s kind.

For those loading the Cutting Edge CuRx rimfire ammo. None of my standard reloading tray held the small cases safely and I've seen some comments that the CE tray isn't much better, so I've designed a tray that actually holds the cases securely and makes it easier to load the small cases.
I've also got a powder funnel that fits the case perfectly. PM me if you want to buy one, or more as it saves on shipping. Not trying to make a profit as much as trying to cover the costs and get some feedback from other users. They may be a different color that what's in these pictures.
I've had some outstanding results with the 32gr projectile and Viht N350 so I'll probably keep using them but I had to improve the loading operations significantly.

Here's a video showing how well it holds the cases. There is NO POWDER obviously in the cases. It will not stop you from shaking powder out.

View attachment 7850133

View attachment 7850134

Would you by chance be willing to share your load data? I actually just got my chassis ordered this week and it's the last part i needed for my new 360. I do have the same VV powder as well. Mostly curious on powder charges.