• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cutting foam in a pelican case

^this. Also, don’t store any gun long term in foam.

Use an electric meat cutting knife. The kind that has 2 blades. Works great ! Don’t cut you fingers off !
(y)

First one I did with electric knife:
i-kZ39fDh-L.jpg

I started with a HotRod type device. Gave it up. Got out my pocket knife, a Benchmade, and cut it up. Wouldn't bother with all that electrical crap again.

I’ve used a hot knife in a few and had excellent results. Can be had pretty reasonable from amazon. Just do it in a well ventilated area as it puts off some fumes

I used a 3" long straight leather cutting razor. Worked great for me. Originally Tried one of those hot wire cutters didn't work so well for me, and stunk all to hell.

IMG_0541.JPG

Reactions: usmcmad
i just put my rifle in at the end of the day, all super hot, and it melts away the exact cutout needed.

j/k, above cut jobs look real clean and nice.

I've done a few with the my electric fillet knife, it works well...but I find holding the knife perfectly perpendicular to the surface the biggest challenge. And when you try to clean up a spot where the knife wasn't level, it looks like hell. Before I cut the foam on my new cases, I think I'll try to rig up a hot wire type cutter, watched a few videos on YouTube on how to make them...seems pretty simple and gives a perfect cut.