• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CVA Cascade

Spectre3

Private
Minuteman
Sep 1, 2019
NC
I've been looking around for a budget lightweight hunting rifle for tree stands and long walks on public land. I still use my R700 for hunting crop fields but I don't want to carry a 15 lb rifle up a tree or on long walks anymore. Likewise, even though these central NC deer are smaller than what I'm used to coming from western VA, I'm not completely jazzed about continuing to use my 16" AR.

Initially, I was just going to track down a Ruger American Predator in 308 but then I came across the CVA Cascade. I realize from the old thread from 2 years ago that it's not a 700 footprint so I'm stuck with the factory stock. However, seeing the positive statements about said stock, the trigger and the accuracy with it being made my Bergara (bbl only is my understanding), I wanted to know if anything had changed and what the consensus was now that more people that aren't YT shills have had a chance to test these.