• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Cylinder Slide 1911 parts quality

JMC

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 24, 2007
Wisconsin
I'm looking at doing some upgrades to a Springfield "Mil-Spec" champion 1911 pretty much bringing it to the "Loaded" configuration.

I plan on doing the work mostly myself learning as I go. I've been starting to pick up a few of the parts and I want to get rid of all the MIM trigger and safety parts anyway.

I've been looking some at the Cylinder and Slide stuff and they have pretty much everything from trigger kits to thumb and grip safety stuff.

Is there stuff any good. Or would I be better off keeping away from it and going with an Ed Brown or Wilson stuff?

Thanks

Have a few friends that love ​​​​​Cylinder and Slide. No issues that I know of so far.
Have a friend that has competed in IDPA for years and he likes Ed Brown the best. He has helped run lots of pistol matches over the years.
I run lots of Wilson stuff in my guns. Parts seem to be extremely ​durable.

​​​

C&S is good stuff. They were one of the original suppliers of upgraded springs for everything on your 1911. I use their stuff as needed.

Ok. Great. I'm glad to hear that they sound like good stuff. I bought their grip safety made for the Springfield with the .220 radius so far.

Maybe a few of their other parts too before I'm all done.

​​​​​​​