• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CZ 452 and 453

Tinbendur

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 13, 2010
TN, USA
I have been looking for a Remington 40x but not having any luck. There are some nice ones out there but priced out of my range right now. Maybe someday I will find one.

But for now I have been looking at the CZ 452 and 453 varmits. I see that there may be some differences in these models.Pro's and Con's if you will.

CZ 452
Pinned barrel EDIT: It is threaded. Sorry for the miss information.
blush.gif

One bolt mounting

CZ 453
threaded
two bolts

What would be the the best?

Re: CZ 452 and 453

Ive been able to shoot both versions. The 453 has a set trigger which breaks clean. I own a 452 varmit and it shoots almost as well as my 40X does with Wolf match ammo at 50yds. The 453 shot just as well as my 452, as far as I could tell groups with me driving them were consistent between them. In my opinion either rifle would be a great accurate trainer/plinking/squirrel eradicator.

i've been considering the same... FWIW i was going to go with the 453 cause of the set trigger and 2 screws but i think theres now even a 455?

Well, I think I will for the money just go with a CZ 453 and pick up a Manners stock in the group bu when it comes around.

I've got a 453 and really like it. It shoots. I'm waiting on Manners to come out with a stock for it also. Don't think you could go wrong with either the 453 or 452.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VTR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've got a 453 and really like it. It shoots. I'm waiting on Manners to come out with a stock for it also. Don't think you could go wrong with either the 453 or 452. </div></div>

I think that is exactly what I am going to do. Then we should meet up at the Norris range and shoot.

I've got a couple of questions on these too. I'm halfheartedly in the market for a new 22RF and I've read most of what I can find on CZs but I've never fired one. I think this is where I'm going to end up.

Does the 453 have to use the set trigger? My experience with those is on old target typed where the set trigger released at about 1/2 an oz. Am I misunderstanding the trigger mechanism here? Is this a targets only rifle or is it a viable tree rats and rabbits gun.

As I understand it the 453 is threaded into the receiver where the 452 is not, which is one of the complaints about the 10/22. Is the 453 a better choice for a trainer? Can it be made more consistent that a 452?

Looking at the CZ website under the 455 it says "The 455 model will eventually consolidate all of the receivers currently used in the 452 line into one common platform." Does this mean the 452 is going away?

Don't know the answer to many of your questions,but, I have a 453 and really like the set trigger. You don't have to use the set trigger if you don't want to. Just using the regular trigger is not bad but I like light triggers. You can use the rifle for match or varmits also. My 453 has the Turkish Walnut and is has nice looking wood on it. I am probably going to order a Manners when they come out and save the nice wood. I don't think you can go wrong with the 452,453,455 or any of the CZ products. Just my .02

The 452 and 453's are supposed to be discontinued if they have not already been. The 455 is supposed to take their place. The 455 is like the 455 has a set trigger like the 453 and will have interchangeable barrels that will allow you to shoot 22 LR-22 Mag.

There was a 453 varmint on GB for $350, note I said WAS. Soon I'll have another gun.

What sold me was the general consensus among CZ shooters that the gun is boring because you don't need to do anything to it. I could use that right now considering what I've been spending on stuff trying to get into F-class shooting.

I will put it into a stock similar to my A-5 for prone bi pod practice. I know there is B&C and Tacticool and the Manners T4 coming I think. choices choices.

I thought someone would have fixed this by now.
The CZ 452 and the CZ 453 BOTH have a threaded receiver. The biggest difference in the two is the set trigger. The set trigger does not have to be used. Everyone I know that has a 453 is very pleased with them.
I have heard that the factory has at least 50,000 452 actions wharehoused. I wouldn't panic just yet.

I think I am stand corrected. I tried to do more searching and found that most do say that the 452 is a treaded receiver.

i guess I am planning on the CZ 453 build with Manners. I got a SS 16X42 I think I will put on it.

The biggest difference I found when I bedded my 452 varmint. It has only one action screw and a barrel lug screw. The 453 varmint has 2 action screws. Odd set up and made pillar bedding and barrel floating a little interesting.