• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CZ 452 base question

Nosler243Shooter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 31, 2010
Alabama
I have a CZ 452 varmint with a 25moa base and a SS 10x scope. I am using Wolf match target and with a 50 yard zero I have made it to 330 yards with about 20moa left. My problem is that I want to reach 400 yard without any hold over with mils for a more accurate shot. From what I have read it is going to take about 80moa from a 50 yard zero to do this. Is there another base I can look at with more cant?

Re: CZ 452 base question

I haven't shot at 350 yet but at 330 it was about 50moa. I will try it again before dark today and write it down this time. I can already see that I am going to run out before 400 though. I will also try 350 if I have enough light left.

I was thinking of this also, I too have a 452 with 25moa base and an SS 10x.
Have you thought of useing signature zee rings to add more moa to the setup?
I have not looked into my self but in my warped mind I figure that is my next step, should I want it.

Well I guess I don't need the base anymore. I made it to 403 yards before it got to late. I tried 71.5moa plus a few mils but I shot over it. I moved to 71.5 and I was right on. There was no wind at all and that helped a lot. I still have all my mils left. I have a total of 71.5moa from my 50 yard zero but my dad with the same scope only has 64moa so he had to use the mils. Anyway I am going to push the distance as far as I can till I run out of elevation. I need to try a gallon jug out there and see if it will go all the way through. Today I was just happy that I could hit my IPSC target.