• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CZ 452 bolt problem

lilhank

Private
Minuteman
Jul 27, 2008
Bought a new 452 American the other day and took it down a cerakoted it,put it back together today and went to go shoot it.It would pick the first round out of the magazine and chamber it.After I fired it and went to cycle the round the bolt would slide completely out.What would be causing this problem.
Thanks,
Jason

Re: CZ 452 bolt problem

I believe to remove the bolt you need to depress the trigger. It sounds like something is not resetting properly in the TG (sear possibly?). I know my Browning T-bolt was having the same issue after I had done some polishing work and failed to fully remove all the polishing compound. Hope that helps point you in the right direction.

Maybe there is a bit of cerakote binding the trigger from returning forward. If the trigger does not return forward the bolt will come right out as you have to pull the trigger for bolt removal.

That is a strange one...... I have polished both of my 452 with no problems.
I can't see how it would fire if the trigger and sear were that far out of wack
I'll have to go out and check that one out tonight