• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CZ 452 Bolt

Nosler243Shooter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 31, 2010
Alabama
I have noticed that the bolt cycle on my 452 seems a little gritty. Tonight I noticed there are some scratches on the right side of the bolt. This may be from when it goes back into the receiver. Is this normal?

Re: CZ 452 Bolt

I took a look at mine and it has some wear on the right side of the bolt but it cycles nice and smooth. Now I bought mine used a couple yrs ago, so I cant tell you if it was gritty in the begining or not. I would suggest you shoot it for a bit, keep an eye on things and see if the cycling of the bolt smooths things out.

PM sent.
Yes this is common . You can easily slick up bolt but it will take some of the shine off the bolt . I slicked up mine and it made shooting the rifle so much more enjoyable to shoot . I always clean bore and action on any firearm I buy to make sure there is no grit or metal shavings in it and re lube it.

david

Thanks for the replies. I have not even shot the rifle yet. I have been waiting for my new scope and rings to arrive. I will see how it does and go from there. The rimfireshooting thread on lapping the bolt sound good though.

When I've had new 452's I've mixed JB Bore paste 50/50 with a good gun grease and applied to the broken down bolt. Sat in front of the tv and cycled bolt 100-150 times. Then took everything apart and degreased and cleaned really well. Relubed and put back together-aahhhhhhh, smooth!