• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CZ 452 LUX

cordovan

Private
Minuteman
Jan 12, 2009
New Mexico
Anyone shoot a CZ 452 LUX? How are they in terms of accuracy / what kind of groups are you getting?

I'm thinking of purchasing one, feedback would be appreciated.

Re: CZ 452 LUX

i have one. it is a fantastic little gun. you cant go wrong with it. i just bought a varmit last week and havent gotten to shoot it yet.

I have shot the Lux. it was a fun little rifle to shoot. I was shooting about 6" targets at 100yds with the open sights with a stiff crosswind. I purchased a 452 varmit and I can hit 1" targets at 100yds if I do my part. IMHO you couldnt go wrong with either model.

I've got a lux with a little 4X compact scope on it. Outstanding rifle. 5-shot groups under 1/2" at 50 yards are a piece of cake.

The irons are nicely set up as well.

No matter what gun I take to the range my Lux always comes with me...very accurate and just so much fun to shoot...

I have to tell you though my Sako Quad is scary accurate. I've only shoot it at 50 Yds but for $425 I can't believe how well it shoots...

But it can't touch the Lux when it comes to being a pleasure to shoot.

when i run glass on my lux it will shoot under 1" at 100yrds and under 1/2" at 50.... see my pics in the .22 ammo thread... with irons the groups open up a bit, but we all know that is me not the rifle... it is the only .22 long gun i own and i cant think of a reason to buy another.... factory gun with no bedding ect ect, buy one now while u can...

So here's the poopee.

I pick up the 452 Lux this morning. They had a varmint in 17hmr but I wanted a 22. An older gentlemen was there and asked if I had any questions. I asked about the 452 and he handed it to me after taking the gun lock off. Say's he has one like it along with the varmint at home. Turns out, he's a big time squirrel hunter and uses his 22's for that (shot 197 squirrels last year he says). He does a few turkey shoots but he's getting on in age and starting to shake so he thinks his shooting days are numbered.

Well, I've fondeled this gun for the last two months and finally got to the point where I said to myself this is something I really do like. While I'm at the counter, this old gentleman passes me a box of Aguila Super Extra subsonic ammo. Says, "try em, you'll like em, that's what I shoot".

Finally get home this evening and set up on the back porch. First shot goes where I point it. Hot damn!!!!! So I go to the fridge and get a couple of eggs. Set them out at 50 yards. Next shot, splaaat. This is really fun I say to the dog! Crack.... Splaaat....Crack Splaaaat.

Only bad part about this story is that after a carton and half of eggs, I didn't miss, and now I ain't got no breakfast.

Whewwwww! Now that was fun!!!!!

I've got a USO 20 MOA 11mm base if anyone could use it.... I need the 3/8ths.... They retail for $130 from USO, but reasonable offers will be considered! A trade for a 3/8ths base would be awesome!!!!! Thanks!

Bill