• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CZ 452 / Manners Question

poison123

Gunny Sergeant
Banned !
Minuteman
  • Jul 17, 2009
    US
    How many screws do you really need on the CZ 452 Varmint? Its got a total of 4, 2x action, and 2x screws that go into the wood of the stock.

Wife bought me a Manners CZ Stock, and well...can only use 2 out of the 4.

The Action screw that goes into the barrel cut out can't be screwed in because it appears they didn't inlet it enough for the screw head to fit in properly....so it can't contact the threads on the barrel part.

The first wood screw between the Barrel Action screw and Action Screw goes in and is perfect.

The actual action screw fits in perfect.

The rear most wood screw that helps hold bottom metal in won't stay in since they completely bore out inlet so there's nothing for it to grip or screw into.

So...my question is....will it work with just the 1 action and 1 wood screw or should I do the following:

1.) Send it back to Manners and basically lose out on all my vacation and warmup training before the mammoth comp?

2.) Inlet the barrel action screw a little with a drill so that the stock screw fits?

3.) Or go to home depot, find a similar screw that is long enough and cut/fit it so it snugs up nicely.

Any input on this?

Re: CZ 452 / Manners Question

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How many screws do you really need on the CZ 452 Varmint? Its got a total of 4, 2x action, and 2x screws that go into the wood of the stock.

The Action screw that goes into the barrel cut out can't be screwed in because it appears they didn't inlet it enough for the screw head to fit in properly....so it can't contact the threads on the barrel part.

The first wood screw between the Barrel Action screw and Action Screw goes in and is perfect.

The rear most wood screw that helps hold bottom metal in won't stay in since they completely bore out inlet so there's nothing for it to grip or screw into.

So...my question is....will it work with just the 1 action and 1 wood screw or should I do the following:

1.) Send it back to Manners and basically lose out on all my vacation and warmup training before the mammoth comp?

2.) Inlet the barrel action screw a little with a drill so that the stock screw fits?

3.) Or go to home depot, find a similar screw that is long enough and cut/fit it so it snugs up nicely.

Any input on this? </div></div>Hi, sounds like the shop did not ream and install the front pillar. I will send you a PM so we can get it corrected asap. We can turn it around the same day it gets to us. Your #2 would be a quick temp fix to get you by, once we get back in shop we will install correct pillar. Thank you

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Thomas Manners</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How many screws do you really need on the CZ 452 Varmint? Its got a total of 4, 2x action, and 2x screws that go into the wood of the stock.

Any input on this? </div></div>Hi, sounds like the shop did not ream and install the front pillar. I will send you a PM so we can get it corrected asap. We can turn it around the same day it gets to us. Your #2 would be a quick temp fix to get you by, once we get back in shop we will install correct pillar. Thank you </div></div>

Now this is what you call Customer service at its best

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nesikabay</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Now this is what you call Customer service at its best</div></div>

Couldn't agree more, just received my T4A for my CZ a couple of weeks ago, haven't had a chance to fit it up yet, but I can't wait. Should be the perfect match to my Tikka in a T4A
    smile.gif

Just a update to close out the thread.

Tom overnighted me the bit to open up the front action hole so the screw would fit in. Had it done about 2 mins after it arrived from UPS and about to send it back.

Very happy with the resolution on this.

Thanks Tom!