• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CZ 452 Style

sirkarma

Private
Minuteman
Jul 19, 2009
Santa Rosa, CA
I have just purchased a CZ 452 Style last Friday and I would like to ask for opinions and recommendation as to what products/which products (rings, etc... Burris Signature rings maybe?) I need to get a SWFA SS 10X scope on this baby. Also a recommendation for a bipod would also be needed (Harris 9-12 maybe?).

I do not have the scope yet but SWFA SS 10x is on top of my list and I am pretty sure I am going to get it.

I would prefer a link please so I do not get the wrong item.

Re: CZ 452 Style

I have a cz style that I bought several years ago that I only shoot every once in a while. Lately I've been thinking abot taking it out of the safe and working a little with it .
I used BKL mounts to mount the scope that I have on it now. I'm also at ends as to the what kind of bi-pod to use. It will probably be a Harris 6-9 or the 9-12.
larryj

Welcome to the forum!

I was thinking of getting mine out also for some bench testing. I picked-up a 22lr sizing/shaping die so if it does not group that well I think I will remove the front barrel bolt, drill and tap the rear of the receiver, do some bedding and then see how it does. The CZs that I do have shoot real well but I've read that it is hit or miss with the models that have the front barrel screw because the barel is not floated. My "Style" barrel touched just about everywhere in the stock.

cool.gif

Thanks to all that replied!

2 points for BKL.

I have read from another thread that a Rimfire Tech has a good mount for your scope but I am not quite sure which one will fit my rifle.

http://www.rimfiretechnologies.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=42

... also they have recommended this rings, Burriz Signature Zee rings a couple of times http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=416175#enlarge

If I buy the Burris Signature Zee Rings, will it be enough to mount an SWFA SS 10x on my rifle (shooting range will be between 50-150 yards) or do I still need the RT item mentioned above?

What do you guys think?

A winning combo. RT rail and Burris Zee rings with the inserts.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sirkarma</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks to all that replied!

2 points for BKL.

I have read from another thread that a Rimfire Tech has a good mount for your scope but I am not quite sure which one will fit my rifle.

... also they have recommended this rings, Burriz Signature Zee rings a couple of times http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=416175#enlarge

If I buy the Burris Signature Zee Rings, will it be enough to mount an SWFA SS 10x on my rifle (shooting range will be between 50-150 yards) or do I still need the RT item mentioned above?

What do you guys think? </div></div>

Can you point me to the right size for my CZ 452 Style.

Is it one of these? http://www.rimfiretechnologies.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=42

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shooter65</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A winning combo. RT rail and Burris Zee rings with the inserts.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sirkarma</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks to all that replied!

2 points for BKL.

What do you guys think? </div></div> </div></div>

Styles and silhouettes are the same model, different finish, and both use an 11mm doevtail (American is the only 3/8 rail I can think of).

HR9mm-you may want to try securing the lug to the barrel, then bedding from recvr through the lug, it worked well on my Silo.

Sirkarma-IMHO you can't go wrong with the SS scope (I prefer 16X). With the SS a sloped base isn't as necessary, as they have 100+ moa of total travel, so BKL's would be fine. A RT 20moa Anschutz base and TPS rings is how my 16X MK4 is mounted though.
Welcome, now go fill out your profile!

Thank you very much!

...in regards to my profile... will do sir!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Styles and silhouettes are the same model, different finish, and both use an 11mm doevtail (American is the only 3/8 rail I can think of).

HR9mm-you may want to try securing the lug to the barrel, then bedding from recvr through the lug, it worked well on my Silo.

Sirkarma-IMHO you can't go wrong with the SS scope (I prefer 16X). With the SS a sloped base isn't as necessary, as they have 100+ moa of total travel, so BKL's would be fine. A RT 20moa Anschutz base and TPS rings is how my 16X MK4 is mounted though.
Welcome, now go fill out your profile! </div></div>

You may get some movement in POI when you add a bipod due to the slightly flexible stock and the barrel lug transmitting it to the barrel - clearly you are not flexing the barrel but the harmonics appear to change slightly.

I'd suggest experimenting with removing the barrel lug and just using the centre bolt. It helped on my Silhouette combined with a litle sanding of the barrel channel to get a decent float.

I ran my Silhouette like this for a couple of years without issue, the inlet of the synthetic stock is good and there is little leverage on the action - just torque it down snug.

When I moved to a McMillan stock I toyed with having the action tapped for the rear screw but with a little bedding front and rear and 30 in/lbs on the centre screw I get no movement of the action.

+1 on HotRod's rail, I'd go with his hex screws while you are ordering.

I had a SS 10x on mine for a long while and it was a great combination - In fact it's about to go back on as the current Mk4 gets hijacked for another project. The rear bell on the SS is substantial, you may have to experiment with mounts a little to get bolt clearance.

Enjoy.

TC

I have a 452 American, which until I read this thread, I thought was a 11 MM rail. Anyway I have medium Burris Signature rimfire rings with a 4-16x42 Sightron. I have had no troubles and it looks great. My CZ impresses me every time I take it out.

Do you have a photo that you do not mind sharing?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pd721el</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a 452 American, which until I read this thread, I thought was a 11 MM rail. Anyway I have medium Burris Signature rimfire rings with a 4-16x42 Sightron. I have had no troubles and it looks great. My CZ impresses me every time I take it out. </div></div>

Certainly not my first choice, but I found that Millet Angle Loc .22 rings will work on the 452s 11mm rail. I've always found those rings to be a PITA to set up and adjust, but I had some lying around and they work fine. They'll do for me while I wait for a rail. Just thought I'd give let you know in case you wanted to shoot it now and not have to wait till you get the setup you want. Those Millets are found everywhere around here.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sirkarma</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can you point me to the right size for my CZ 452 Style......</div></div>

This chart is from the CZ catalog and on the web site.....

19018-4.jpg

The problem with the "Style is the added plating adds to the dovetail
thickness so the rail pictured had to be fitted...
Style-Rail.jpg

Those would probably work...... most guys (including me) probably run Butler Creek flip ups to protect optics.

HotRod.... We need a trigger with less curve in it. I'd love to have a Anny style straight trigger for my rifle. I've gotten used to them and it's hard to go back..

J-Hon,
Ther is a fellow over at benchrestcentral.com that is makeing a 2oz trigger for the 452. His name is Butch Lambert. You might go over there and ask him if it has a curver trigger.
And I do like the Anschutz triggers myself. I only have one (a 1907) but that is enough to make a believer out of me. I also like the jewel trigger but I don't think he makes on that will fit.
Good Luck
larryj

I have a CZ 453 Varmint and I put Burris bases and rings on it. I also put a Burris 6x18 on it. It has the target hairs and 1/8" clicks which I like for .22 l.r. This weaspon is a real shooter. The bases were 11 m/m. You will have to see which ring fits as to what objective you will putting on it. Good Luck and enjoy.

tagged for ss link... thx for posting the link bro, i looked through the swfa sigt a couple times looking for the sunshades...