• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CZ 453 bolt/sear problem

oldfatguy

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 6, 2008
Huntsville, AL, USA
When I adjust the trigger on my CZ 453 for a very lite pull the bolt will over run the sear and go back too far if I run it hard enough to eject. When adjusted for heavier trigger pull and the bolt stops reliably. So how can I have great trigger and reliability?

OFG

OFG,
Lets start with your model number.... Is it really 453?

When I adjust the trigger on my CZ 453 for a very lite pull the bolt will over run the sear and go back too far if I run it hard enough to eject. When adjusted for heavier trigger pull and the bolt stops reliably. So how can I have great trigger and reliability?

OFG
My 453 has a set trigger and is easily adjusted for lite pull.

OP, what you're describing is a downside of CZ's design that uses the sear as the bolt stop, my 455 has the same issue. I'm not aware of any fixes, but would cheerfully be corrected; I inquired once about an aftermarket side bolt-stop installation, but whoever it was I was talking to said they didn't think there was enough material there for it I think.

Reactions: oldfatguy