• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CZ 453 questions

hatidua

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 2, 2008
Colorado
I just picked up a 453 Varmint and am curious where to get a decent 20 MOA scope rail, -and what scopes have the most elevation adjustment?

I have a Leupy Mark-4 16x on my Quad and it runs out of adjustment at 425 yards with WMT. I'd like to get a scope with at least as much adjustment for the CZ if possible, and would like at least 16x magnification....or more.

Re: CZ 453 questions

DIP looks like a good product.(diversified innovative products)I just purchased same rilfe. You can also search here and rimfire central for more ideas.

Sightron 16 X has 150 ,and the 20 MOA DIP rail on my 527 Varmint is a piece of art,,I shoot the 69 Sierra and have no problems with the 4.5-14 M1 LR/T going to 1,00 PLUS and it has not been zeroed since last may and I have screwed up and down over 50 MOA and back a whole bunch.

the 16X SIII plus the 20 MOA DIP rail would get you 170 MOA,,then you could get the Burris rings with the inserts and get 30 more MOA for a grand total of 200,,

with 200 you would probably have to hold on the top Mil dot to get down at 100,,but it would be a blast,,
keep me informed,,I have a supr Accurate 452 American I am thinkin about doin the same thing to

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mrbig</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Sightron 16 X has 150 ,and the 20 MOA DIP rail on my 527 Varmint is a piece of art,,I shoot the 69 Sierra and have no problems with the 4.5-14 M1 LR/T going to 1,00 PLUS and it has not been zeroed since last may and I have screwed up and down over 50 MOA and back a whole bunch.

the 16X SIII plus the 20 MOA DIP rail would get you 170 MOA,,then you could get the Burris rings with the inserts and get 30 more MOA for a grand total of 200,,

with 200 you would probably have to hold on the top Mil dot to get down at 100,,but it would be a blast,,
keep me informed,,I have a supr Accurate 452 American I am thinkin about doin the same thing to </div></div>

-good info, thanks.

I have three of the Leupold VX3 6.5-20x40 EFR scopes and absolutely love them. I have one on my CZ 453 via Leuold 11mm rings, one on my Anschutz 64, and one on my Kidd 10/22. The elevation adjustment range is 50moa on them. Can;t go wrong with this scope as long as 50moa will do it for you. I can only speak of it for 100yd shooting. Good luck!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Recoil Junkie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have three of the Leupold VX3 6.5-20x40 EFR scopes and absolutely love them. I have one on my CZ 453 via Leuold 11mm rings, one on my Anschutz 64, and one on my Kidd 10/22. </div></div>

RJ, how tall were the rings and how much clearance for the bolt handle from the scope on the 453? I am putting a Nikon 3-9 X 40 on a 452 and I'm wondering if there is a clearance issue with the bolt handle.

OP, I'm looking at the DIP and the EGW extended rail for my 452. I can't decide on using CZ's 11 mm dovetail rings or a base and picatinny rings. I like the positioning flexibility of the base\rings combo and I am leaning toward the EGW 20 moa bas as I like thw way that it is secured from the side of the receiver (not sure if it makes any real difference) but the DIP is abbout $20 cheaper. I have heard the DIP is hard to locate in stock but I havent really tried. both are pretty well regarded.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DWood</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OP, I'm looking at the DIP and the EGW extended rail for my 452. I can't decide on using CZ's 11 mm dovetail rings or a base and picatinny rings. I like the positioning flexibility of the base\rings combo and I am leaning toward the EGW 20 moa bas as I like thw way that it is secured from the side of the receiver (not sure if it makes any real difference) but the DIP is abbout $20 cheaper. I have heard the DIP is hard to locate in stock but I havent really tried. both are pretty well regarded. </div></div>

I ordered the DIP base and bottom metal and they were in my mailbox 48 hours later
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hatidua</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I ordered the DIP base and bottom metal and they were in my mailbox 48 hours later
grin.gif
</div></div>

I think the info I read about availability was old because I just saw them "available" on the DIP web site. The price was $46 which is great. What rings are you using and what is the objective size of that Leupy scope? I'm interested to see how much clearance you have when it's mounted.

I ordered a few DIP items that were listed as "backordered" and they showed up in the box as well.

I've not put it all together yet but I'll be using Leupold Mark-4 medium steel rings (I don't think Mark-4 rings come in "low"), Mark-4 16x M1 scope, Etc. I'm basically duplicating the Manners/Sako Quad I have and so I'm fairly confident on the fit/spacing at this point....I bought the various parts/bases/etc. from DIP for that as well several years back.