• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CZ 453 Set Trigger problem

Geronimo

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 15, 2010
columbus, ohio
Well thought I had found out why my single set trigger wasn't always working but today at the range it came back. The issue is at random the set trigger won't fire the firing pin, so I pull the trigger and it clicks back then I pull it like I never set it to fire the round. First found if the set trigger was to light it happened, so adjusted it through my shoot today and it never solved them problem. Also read if the normal trigger was set to heavy it would happen, but not randomly. Found a few old posts from other sites and a few newer ones with people having the same issue, one had it fixed only to have it again, as well as a post about the metal a part was made with being the problem. If anyone has any more ideas throw them out, looks like I'm cleaning it and taking off my new scope to take it back Monday.

Re: CZ 453 Set Trigger problem

You should call CZ USA, See what they have to say about your Problem, before taking it back. I have 2 Cz's with set triggers and both are prone to FAIL. They are COOL when they work but i can't bet on it working at any time. There is likely a TON of info on them at Rimfire Central.