• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Group Buys CZ 455/457 Keystone GM&Bartlein Custom 22LR Barrel Group Buy #2

padom

SuperMod
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 13, 2013
    Southeastern, Pennsylvania
    Ok guys, Ive talked to Keystone Accuracy and they will do a Group Buy only for these due to the amount of work per barrel. They will NOT be taking calls, emails, questions, individual orders on CZ 455/457 barrels. It is not worth their time away from the machine to be taking calls and answering questions on these which is why they will only do them if we get a group together.

We need a minimum of 10 prepaid orders to initiate the group buy. Once we have 10 or more confirmed orders and payment Keystone will be given a spreadsheet with name, address, specs and order#. You will be given an order sheet to include in the box to mail your action in to Keystone with the Order# written on the outside of the box. Turn around time from once your action is received till its shipped back to you will be 4 weeks MAXIMUM depending on shop work load but 2 weeks generally.

Barrels can be ordered in lengths from 16.1" - 24". Two contours will be available. 0.90" straight and a Palma contour. The barrel tenons will be custom fitted to your action for a nice tight, wobble free fit. You can choose to have the set screw notches cut into your tenon if your going to utilize the factory set screws to hold your barrel into your action or you can choose to have a round tenon like mine shown below. Keystone will then mail your action and new custom fit barrel back to you so you can glue it into the action like I did with Loctite 609. If you choose the set screw installation keystone will install your barrel and ship it.

All barrels will have a Lilja chamber identical to mine below and headspace will be set to 0.041". Due to CZ 455/457 actions varying slightly, everyone will need to send your action to Keystone Accuracy for a true custom fit barrel. These are not semi-custom/drop in barrels. Each one is custom fit to your action. No shims are used.

Deals have been secured on blanks. I was able to get great pricing from Frank @ Bartlein on blanks so we are going to offer both options:

Green Mountain Button Rifled 416SS 1:16 Twist 0.900 Striaght

$400ea + $35 S&H
    Optional Invisi-Thread Seamless Thread Protector - $60

Bartlein Cut Rifled 416SS 1:16 Twist 0.900" Straight
    No Invisi-Thread Seamless thread protector on these, they are coming pre-contoured from Bartlein

$550ea + $35 S&H

Payment via Paypal Gift or + 4% or USPS Money Order

Options

Barrel Length - 16.1" - 24"
    0.900" Straight Contour
    Muzzle Threaded 1/2"-28 or Target Crown

Post here if you want in on the GB and I will PM you for your email address so I can get all your info. Once we have 10 I will collect payment and provide you with an Order# and Order Form and instructions to mail your action to Keystone Accuracy. I will email you when your action has been received, and when its been shipped back.

All questions, concerns, etc. will be handled through me. This is how I contracted with Keystone to get them to do this GB based off the amount of requests Ive received for one of these barrels. They have to do it this way to keep on the machines cutting barrels.

Let me know if you have any questions

Here is a link to the first Group Buy with pics of targets, barrel work, invisi-thread, etc.

Last edited:
    I was just wondering how many ppl you have in on the buy so far and if you are still running this barrel on your 455?

Other than weight would there be disadvantage to a 24" barrel over say a 20" in .90" straight? Also, does having it threaded potentially reduce accuracy versus not being threaded?

Other than weight would there be disadvantage to a 24" barrel over say a 20" in .90" straight? Also, does having it threaded potentially reduce accuracy versus not being threaded?

I dont know about the length. I have had 16", 18, 20" and 22". All are extremely accurate. I dont have an answer for you on barrels longer than that. All mine are threaded and Im shooting just under MOA @ 300yds. So no threading doesnt reduce accuracy

I dont know about the length. I have had 16", 18, 20" and 22". All are extremely accurate. I dont have an answer for you on barrels longer than that. All mine are threaded and Im shooting just under MOA @ 300yds. So no threading doesnt reduce accuracy

What's been your favorite length out of those?

I am fairly new to shooting as a whole, so i need to detach my action from the barrel and stock then send it in right? If so can i just pay them a fees so they put the barrel onto the action itself? I am not confident enough to do the barrel change thing by myself without messing up something major. Otherwise i would love to join this group buy.

I am fairly new to shooting as a whole, so i need to detach my action from the barrel and stock then send it in right? If so can i just pay them a fees so they put the barrel onto the action itself? I am not confident enough to do the barrel change thing by myself without messing up something major. Otherwise i would love to join this group buy.

Yes, if you choose the set screw option they will install the barrel for you.

Because of the way it shoots or just prefer the length?

Both. The length just clears the forend of the my MDT ACC chassis which is why I went longer from 16 to 18 and then to 20" to clear the forend. Its also the most accurate 22lr barrel of all the barrels Ive owned.

Nice, thank you for responding. I was wondering if there are any accuracy different between the two?

Set screw option yes they will install. You MUST remove your barrel before sending your action but make sure the set screws are in the action and Keystone will install your barrel for you.

Now, all of this and a lot of the specs, etc. came from my extended conversations with Don Smith. Who informed me that gluing the barrel in and not cutting the grub screw slots was the best for extreme accuracy. Does it make a difference? IDK. But EVERY one of mine are glued in. Super easy to do and is removable.

Reactions: pepelefrog
    Set screw option yes they will install. You MUST remove your barrel before sending your action but make sure the set screws are in the action and Keystone will install your barrel for you.

Now, all of this and a lot of the specs, etc. came from my extended conversations with Don Smith. Who informed me that gluing the barrel in and not cutting the grub screw slots was the best for extreme accuracy. Does it make a difference? IDK. But EVERY one of mine are glued in. Super easy to do and is removable.

Do you know what the weight difference is between the two contour options? I'm having a hard time deciding which contour to go with.

Do you know what the weight difference is between the two contour options? I'm having a hard time deciding which contour to go with.

No. Weight is never my concern. I dont think a single person ordered the skinny contour on the last group buy. All were 0.900" straights.

Thanks you for explaining the differences between the two. The cz457 is my first rifle and I am a little clueless on this aspect of the gun. The price for the barrel is higher than the gun I bought but I think the improvement in accuracy is worth it. However, I don’t think I can do the gluing barrel thing correctly by myself so that seem leave me with the set screw options.

Sorry if I’m being bothersome but will this barrel options with the set screw give me better accuracy compare to the Area 419 bartlein or lijia barrel? I don’t know enough about the differences between the barrels to make a judgments.

Alright, count me in. How do i participate in this? Do they offer fluting also if i am willing to pay a little more?

They do not flute barrels. You would have to send your barrel to someone else once you get it back if you wanted it fluted
    That's fine then, just let me know how do i join. Also do i need to use FFL to send in the action or i can just use usps?

OK guys little change up for you all.

Ive received a bunch of requests to offer custom fit Bartleins so I was able to secure good pricing from Frank @ Bartlein to make this happen and some better pricing from GM.

I updated the OP. CZ 22LR barrel from 16.1" - 24" in length, chambered with either the Lilja chamber or my reamer which is a Lilja 2 essentially. If you dont know anything about it, see me Bartlein custom review thread which that reamer was used. Essentially isnt picky on ammo and is shooting MOA or better @ 300yds consistently. Your choice of target crown or 1/2-28 muzzle threads. Invisi-thread option will only be available on the GM as the Bartleins will come pre-contoured at 0.900".

$400 + $35 S&H for GM Button
    $550 + $35 S&H for Bartlein Cut-Rifled

Im going to extend this group buy in light of this new information. Need 10 Bartleins to make that happen. Guys that already opted in, before today, PM me your First/Last Name, email address and if you want GM or Bartlein. Once I have enough Ill email each of you for specific details.

Reactions: pepelefrog
    Are the Bartlein $500 or $550? Post #37 has them at $550 but the original post has them at $500. Also, the muzzle can be threaded but no thread protector correct?

Are the Bartlein $500 or $550? Post #37 has them at $550 but the original post has them at $500. Also, the muzzle can be threaded but no thread protector correct?

OP was a typo. Bartlein are $550. Muzzle threads are included in price. Neither barrel comes with thread protector. You can buy the optional blended invisi-thread protector on the GM only.

Reactions: catalyst81
    Strong majority for the Bartleins so far. Sooner we get 10 the sooner I can get this order into Bartlein and get the blanks going.

Here's some targets shot with the Bartlein with Lilja 2 type reamer

100yd

300yds

evugbAq.jpg

400yd

We have 4 so far in 24hr. Sooner we get those 6 more the sooner I can get Bartlein cranking out the blanks and heading my way.

Padom - I'm confused regarding the chamber offered ('factory", not the one offered using your reamer) by Bartlein. I contacted Bartlein regarding a drop-in for my CZ 457 and they advise, "...drop-in's for the Ruger 10/22 and the CZ 455/457. We only use a Bentz chamber in these..." Since Lilja is a Bartlein competitor with their own named chamber, seems odd to me that Bartein would be offering a competitors chamber design. So, for clarification on this group buy, is the "standard" chamber for the Bartlein a Bentz or a Lilja, and, if the later, a Lilja 1 or 2?

Also, please confirm that the Bartlein is a drop-in with the factory CZ 457 installation cuts and set screw holes (as used in the factory CZ barrel), not a straight cylinder blank that Keystone will need to machine to produce those cuts. Thanks.

Padom - I'm confused regarding the chamber offered ('factory", not the one offered using your reamer) by Bartlein. I contacted Bartlein regarding a drop-in for my CZ 457 and they advise, "...drop-in's for the Ruger 10/22 and the CZ 455/457. We only use a Bentz chamber in these..." Since Lilja is a Bartlein competitor with their own named chamber, seems odd to me that Bartein would be offering a competitors chamber design. So, for clarification on this group buy, is the "standard" chamber for the Bartlein a Bentz or a Lilja, and, if the later, a Lilja 1 or 2?

Also, please confirm that the Bartlein is a drop-in with the factory CZ 457 installation cuts and set screw holes (as used in the factory CZ barrel), not a straight cylinder blank that Keystone will need to machine to produce those cuts. Thanks.

I dont think you read the OP. Barltien has nothing to do with this group buy other than selling the 22rf blanks. Keystone accuracy is doing all the work. These are NOT drop ins. They are custom fit to each action. That's the whole point of the group buy. You will have to send your action just like the last group buy to have the barrel.custom fit and headspaced to your action.

Chambers offered are Lilja 1 and my reamer very similar to a Lilja 2

I hope this does happen as I’m impatiently waiting to upgrade my CZ to something worthwhile. Maybe a newbie question but what are the expected barrel life on these compare to cold hammer forge one?