• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CZ 455 American or Varmint?

D_Lamz

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 6, 2007
Central Texas
Deciding on either the CZ 455 American or the Varmint. I'm leaning towards the American since I plan on carrying it around my hunting lease. Would accuracy be the same? I also plan to use my SilencerCo Sparrow and Adco stated that the barrels would need at least an OD of .500 for threading. Suggestions?

Re: CZ 455 American or Varmint?

either of the two are scary accurate even with "junk" ammo, heavy barrels generally give you a bit more consistancy.

with carrying for critters, the american seems the obvious choice but the nice thing about the 455's is you can swap the barrels out, so getting your hands on a heavy barrel shouldn't be that difficult...heavy for target in the summer, sporter for hunting in the fall.

I'd get the varmint, then an extra sporter barrel in whatever rimfire caliber you prefer.

l went with the Varmint and can shoot thumbtacts sticking out of a 2x4 at 50 ish yards with a sweet 22 scope pretty easy now. I love it

I like the varmint the best. Always consistent always accurate.

I have a 452 varmint and it will consistently shoot that primer out of a empty shotgun hull at 40-50 yes. It has been bedded and I have polished everything. I could get to.