• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CZ 455 custom prefit barrel?

Captramrod01

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 19, 2010
Chandler, AZ
Looking at picking up a cz 455 to go with the manners group buy t4 I have on order. Reason for going 455 instead of 452 is I like the idea of it being a switch barrel like the sako quad. So onto my topic question...does anyone know of any barrel manufactures that have started selling prefits for the 455 such as what lilja does for the sako?

Re: CZ 455 custom prefit barrel?

From what I understand no one has started making them yet. Green mountain has stated that if there is enough interest it would starts making barrels but that could be a ways off. I would guess other manufactures are in the same boat so we all need to start bugging them to start making them.

Daniel Lilja has told me they will be producing drop in barrels for the 455 later this year.

Terror you just made my night, looks like I will be ordering the 455 in 22 mag tonight. Hopefully lilja is producing those drop in 22lr barrels around the time my manners is done. I'm freaking pumped!

Good for you! Glad I could help. You might want to send Dan an e-mail or give him a call tomorrow to see if he'll release any specs on it. I didn't bother asking when he told me about it. But it did make me consider the 455 as a serious option down the road somewhere
wink.gif

Do you mind me asking why you'd order it in 22 WMR though? Just out of curiosity

Dan told me the same thing, that they are currently working on a drop in barrel for the 455. He said that it should be available before the end of the year.

Once Lilja gets on board, I think that it'll just be a matter of time before some of the other manufacturers start making them too.

I'd order it in 22mag because I'll be getting my 22lr barrel from Dan. That way I don't have 2 22lr barrels for the same gun.

That makes perfect sense. I'd tend to agree with Situation Normal though, I'm sure other manufacturers will get on board once Lilja starts production. The way I see it, if Dan is already working on drop-in barrels for the 455, then there is probably going to be a pretty good future for this rifle. Just my thoughts though.

Dan just emailed me back and said were looking at a couple months out. He also said the first one is going to be a 21" strait taper barrel.