• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Gunsmithing CZ 455 Go to gunsmith?

1shot2kill

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 9, 2008
north dakota
I'm looking for a highly recommended gunsmith to tune the timney trigger i just installed, Install a bolt knob and smoothen out the action.

Isn't the trigger adjustable?
Bolt knob can be done with an aftermarket replacement handle without a gunsmith. Smoothing out the action is as simple as lube it up and cycle the crap out of it - which is probably what a gunsmith would do to it.

Isn't the trigger adjustable?
Bolt knob can be done with an aftermarket replacement handle without a gunsmith. Smoothing out the action is as simple as lube it up and cycle the crap out of it - which is probably what a gunsmith would do to it.

What he said.

You are correct the trigger is adjustable but that's not what I asked. The trigger needs to have the sear engagement honed down due to manufacturer tolerances from CZ and Timney. I'm not looking for whatever google search comes up for a replacement bolt and action work I was asking for a highly recommended gunsmith that does things right the first time without the use of a dremel tool.

You are correct the trigger is adjustable but that's not what I asked. The trigger needs to have the sear engagement honed down due to manufacturer tolerances from CZ and Timney. I'm not looking for whatever google search comes up for a replacement bolt and action work I was asking for a highly recommended gunsmith that does things right the first time without the use of a dremel tool.

That would be Don and he retired...

Anarchy Outdoors bolt handle. Cycling is 1000x better with the Anarchy Outdoors swept bolt handle and you can add any knob you want. Must upgrade tor all my 455's. I have the latest Timney adjustable and find zero issues with it. Not sure what you're looking to do to it.

I did find using a stone and some polish on the ID of the receiver and the bolt made it like glass. I've done 2 of them now. Night and day difference from factory. Even from my 1st 455 with a few thousand rounds on it