• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CZ 455 Keystone Accuracy GM Barrel Review

padom

SuperMod
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 13, 2013
    Southeastern, Pennsylvania
    Keystone Accuracy did a 12" AR15 22LR upper with a Green Mountain blank for me last year and it's very accurate.

I asked Keystone Accuracy to spin up and custom fit me one of his Green Mountain 22 rimfire blanks for my CZ 455. John happened to have an already contoured blank on the shelf from a different project that wasnt being used and offered to use it as a test barrel. While I wanted a 0.90" straight contour I was fine with testing whatever barrel he was gonna spin up.

The test barrel is 0.90" from the action for 2" then tapers to 0.80" at the muzzle and is 18" long. Muzzle is threaded 1/2-28.

The tenon is custom fitted beautifully to my action for zero wobble, leaving just enough clearance for some 609 to glue it into my receiver. I asked Keystone not to mill out the indents on the bottom of the barrel tenon as I was not utilizing the factory set screws and would be gluing it.

Keystone used a Lilja chamber reamer and set headspace to 0.41".

I picked the barrel up the other day, glued it into my receiver and let it sit for 24hr. Dropped it into my MDT LSS-22 chassis, through the Cronus BTR on it and got out to test it today.

18" Green Mountain 416SS Turned Barrel 1/2-28
    Lilja Chamber
    0.41" Headspace
    MDT LSS-22 chassis w/ARCA
    Action Bolts torqued to 40in lbs
    Timney Adjustable Trigger 14oz
    XLR Tactical Buttstock
    Vortex PMR 34MM rings
    Athlon Cronus BTR 4.5-29x56 MIL
    Harris w/Area419 ARCA Adapter
    Precision Underground 3D rear bag

Last edited:
    The barrel exceeded my expectations for sure. I've tested 3 different CZ 455 factory/semi-custom/custom barrels to date before this barrel and this is by far the most consistently accurate barrel I've tested by far. Looking forward to testing at longer distances.

Unfortunately Keystone Accuracy will not be taking any orders for these CZ 455 barrels. John informed me that there is too much work involved with these barrels to be taking tons of calls and emails with questions and orders taking him away from cutting chips. He would have to price them too high to take one off calls for these barrels directly.

Shoot me a PM for purchasing info.

Last edited:
    Those are some awesome groups.
    I’d definitely be interested in one for my 455

padom, I've read many glowing reports of the accuracy out of GM's bbls, both 22RF & various CF chamberings. Makes me wonder if I shouldn't try one of their 22RF blanks in my CZ457 American instead of going straight to a top-of-the-line blank like a Shilen Ratchet Rifled bbl? There's quite a price difference, but if your GM shoots very well on out to 200+yds, I'd think that would be enough to satisfy my needs. I don't intend to compete in silhouette matches with the American, just wanted a slick-looking, nice handling sporter with good accuracy. The 457 Varmint MTR I bought shoots very nearly as well as my jelrod-converted 40XB & V-22s, so I'm certain that the 457 action - aided by their excellent new trigger design - is a capable platform.

padom, I've read many glowing reports of the accuracy out of GM's bbls, both 22RF & various CF chamberings. Makes me wonder if I shouldn't try one of their 22RF blanks in my CZ457 American instead of going straight to a top-of-the-line blank like a Shilen Ratchet Rifled bbl? There's quite a price difference, but if your GM shoots very well on out to 200+yds, I'd think that would be enough to satisfy my needs. I don't intend to compete in silhouette matches with the American, just wanted a slick-looking, nice handling sporter with good accuracy. The 457 Varmint MTR I bought shoots very nearly as well as my jelrod-converted 40XB & V-22s, so I'm certain that the 457 action - aided by their excellent new trigger design - is a capable platform.

I have had excellent results with both CF and 22RF Green Mountain barrels. They have more than exceeded my expectations. With the right headspace and right chamber they are an excellent 22rf blank.

I got back out a week ago to test the 2 best shooting ammo at 500yds 5x5. Was a colder day and had a little wind so not my best shooting but still really consistent. Pulled that round on the last FGMM group. Interesting that both the FGMM and SK RM had identical velocity, SD and accuracy. I just grabbed a few thousand more of this SK RF and FGMM.

Next I will be doing some testing at distance.

SK Rifle Match 5x5 AGG 0.57"
    Federal Gold Medal Match 5x5 AGG 0.58"

Padom where are you buying your ammo? Target USA usually has what I want when it comes to 22.

Got back out today to test 224V so I brought this along to do some testing at distance. Not the best day to shoot 22lr at distance, its was pretty windy. In light of the gusty wind all day, I am very happy with the results. Especially with SK Rifle Match. I got this lot on sale at $4.95/box 50rd.

I tested the 2 best performing ammo at 100yds which was Federal Gold Medal Match and SK Rifle Match. The FGMM was excellent at 50yds but falls behind the SK Rifle Match at 100yd.

100yds

200yds

Only shot a few at 200yd to find my dope with this SK Rifle Match. Banged a 6" round steel plate in the wind with boring consistency then shot a 5 shot group on paper. Very happy with the results. Using an Area 419 30moa base I needed 6.9mils to 200yd.

I can see one of these in my future. Thanks for posting!

Hopefully second half of this week but at that distance wind will play a huge factor. This barrel has out performed all the other bars I've tested so far and those have banged steel at 300 and 400yds

Reactions: Wds
    Cool project. If I could get one of these in a sporter contour I would buy in.

Have a link or picture of the barrel contour your referring to.

After talking with Keystone yesterday we are going to slightly change the 2nd profile we are offering. So far everyone wants a 0.900" straight barrel. The second barrel will be a palma contour. 0.90" for the first 1" from the tenon, then will taper down to 0.775 at 3" from tenon, then taper from .775 the rest of the way to the muzzle down to 0.70".

Nobody has asked for anything other than straight .90" so far so we can finalize the second contour still. I was doing something that would fit in factory Tacticool/Boyd's Pro Varmint stock for those that dont have aftermarket stocks or chassis.