• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cz 455 lilja range report after new stock and glass!

djdilliodon

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 17, 2013
West Babylon, NY
Finally got time to get out and shoot this thing after putting a new stock and scope on it. Unfortunately today wasn't the best day to shoot but made the best I could out of it. Temps started at 40 degrees and by the time I left went upto 44 degrees. It was overcast and started to rain by the end of my shooting session. The wind was a killer today with targets perfectly north and the winds blowing west at 10-15 mph when gusting and steady at around 3 mph. I was only going to shoot at 50 yards but shot 2 groups at 100 yards as well since the range was totally dead today. I started with a clean barrel and it took 30 rounds for it to settle in. This rifle in ideal conditions will shoot in the lower .2's with some groups in the .1's. Even with the wind today and me taking my time to shoot the groups I was very impressed! Rifle is a cz 455 with straight .900" lilja @ 21" length and eps match chamber, Dip aluminum mag well, 10% stronger chrome silicon firing pin spring with polish work, trigger shimmed with spring swap (14 oz pull no creep), pillar bedded and fully glass bedded with first 3" of barrel channel and floated from there to end of stock, single shot adapter, 12.9 grade action screws fitted to engage all threads in receiver, mueller 8.5-25x44 tactical scope, warne rings, and cheesy rest which needs to be replaced with something better. Here are some pics, sighters not shown.

100 yards 5 shots .555" center to center.

100 yards 5 shots .649" center to center

50 yards 5 shots .287"

50 yards 5 shots .296"

50 yards 5 shots .227"

The 455 on the crappy bench with cheap rest lol.

Awesome. I have a 455 Tacticool on the way and a trigger spring kit and DIP rail.

I'm doing a 455 in 17 hmr using a premium grade claro walnut tactitool stock. Never had the pleasure of shouldering a gun with that style stock and I'm looking foward to it! When you get yours be sure to post pics and a range report!

Plan to set my 5.5-22x56 NF on it for a little while till I can get something more appropriate.

I like the idea of a Lilja 455.

Anyone know the accuracy potential compared to a Annie or 40x?

What is a a premium grade claro walnut tactitool stock and where do you get it?

A properly setup lilja barreled 455 in 22 LR will shoot in the .2's at 50 yards and sometimes better in ideal conditions (good weather and no wind). To obtain those results consistently match ammo is a must (ex. Lapua center X, lapua Midas plus, rws r50, eley match, eley tenex ect.). Annie's and 40x's are known to be just as accurate and some not so much (yep even dogs can be found in those proven platforms as well). Premium grade claro walnut (aka AA grade) is a blank that shows approx 50-70% of figure in color contrast, burl, feather crotch, marbling, fiddle back, or a mixture of any of those listed on one or both sides of the stock.
If you ask me there is nothing more eye appealing then a high grade piece of walnut compared to a composite, synthetic, or laminate stock. You can find the tacticool stock from boyds. You can buy a walnut blank of your choice and have a stock maker duplicate just about any style you want.

That's some sick groups.. I might have to get an lilja for my CZ452

Most 452's are threaded with some (I believe the 17 hm2's) are pressed and pinned. This will require you to purchase a blank and have a smith finish the barrel and fit it to your action. This will cost around $500-$700! After a rebarrel they can def shoot lights out but it comes at a higher cost and longer down time.

DJ, you've obviously got a shooter. Those are great targets. When you get the time and decent weather you should post to the "6 groups of 5" thread that is in the stickies. There have been some great shooting Lilja 455s and you would be in there with the best of them. Congratulations.

DJ, you've obviously got a shooter. Those are great targets. When you get the time and decent weather you should post to the "6 groups of 5" thread that is in the stickies. There have been some great shooting Lilja 455s and you would be in there with the best of them. Congratulations.

Ill def do that. Just waiting to get a brick of tenex as I'm out of ammo. Also gotta make up a target with 6 bulls.

Don't need to make a target, already got that covered, dj.
PDF so you can print your own, 8.5x11 paper, inksaver.
Click on the image, save to file, open, print as many as you like.

Attachments

• bulzi-6.pdf
    30.9 KB · Views: 42

Add up the prices before you get a CZ.
It ends up costing the same as the Anschutz, and is not as accurate without the Lija barrel.
Once you get the Lija barrel, you have an action that is not as robust, and a trigger that is not as good.

I finally got an anschutz 54, I'm considering selling my CZ with manners stock.

The only reason why I would recommend the CZ is if you want to have a magazine fed rifle. I find .22's fiddly to reload, and prefer to shoot a single shot.

Yes I was hoping someone would make that comparison. I was thinking it might be out there on the horizon. I had no trouble feeding with my Savage TR. It fed quite well.
I need to see the price difference between the Annie and the Lilja 455.
Also, am I after pure accuracy or a good trainer?

Good problems to have.