• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CZ 455 MDT ACC Chassis Coming.....!

padom

SuperMod
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 13, 2013
    Southeastern, Pennsylvania
    I was catching up with my contact over at MDT this week and asked if there were any plans in the works for a new CZ 455 / 457 chassis like the ACC. A lot of guys have complained about the shortness, shape and lack of integrated ARCA on the MDT LSS-22 chassis and have asked me if they were going to do a redesign. Something with a longer forend, integrated ARCA and stock like the ACC.

Well Im told MDT has plans to make the ACC chassis for the CZ 455 and it will be coming out in the next few months!! They are thinking sometime this summer but no dates yet. For all you guys that bought CZ 457's, they have plans for an LSS chassis for the 457 but they aren't sure yet if they will do an ACC for it. They will be sending me one to test/review for you guys as soon as they have one ready.

This is awesome news. The crew over at MDT have been killing it lately!!! The MDT ACC has been awesome. The customer service is top notch. The desire to keep coming out with new products incorporating features and designs that shooters want. There magazines are top quality. Love the Double Stack Single Feed all metal design.

@MDT_Josh
    @MDT_OFFICIAL

This will pair nicely with the 0.900" straight contour barrel group buy Im running and the Bartlein's Frank is sending me to review!! Good times in the 22lr world.

Last edited:
    I was close to buying a Voodoo when I found out the 455 ACC was coming. It’s like cheating at 22 PRS matches.

lMvD5do.jpg

First, we dont know the price of
    honest question, if this is close to the centerfire price wouldn't a custom barreled CZ with the timney trigger and scope base start to put you close to vudoo territory?

asking for a "friend"... :rolleyes:

First, we dont know the price of the 455 ACC chassis. I dont think MDT is going to release something that nobody will be able to afford...
    Second, a CZ 455 barreled action using say the group buy barrel is less than half the cost of a Vudoo barreled action, even with a Timney trigger...

Example, I bought a CZ 455 Scout 2 weeks ago using slickguns for $269.99 to get another action on hand. I sold the new barrel for $90 making my donor action $179.99. I have the new stock up for sale for $70. When that sells my donor action cost me $110.00...

Just going off $269.99 number, saying you dont sell any of the take off parts and buy the group buy barrel for $500 and a Timney which you dont have to do but your still under $900.00.....A Vudoo barreled action is $1800.00 before trigger...

That is sexy..... how does the mag release work?

That is a prototype. The production version will have a ‘funnel’ in the magazine well and an extended release included.

honest question, if this is close to the centerfire price wouldn't a custom barreled CZ with the timney trigger and scope base start to put you close to vudoo territory?

asking for a "friend"... :rolleyes:

Good question, it all depends on how you want to do things.

The Voodoo comes out ahead only if you compare it to a full custom CZ455 and plan to swap chassis with your centerfire match rifle.

In my case, I bought a EVO heavy barrel 455 for $350 new, sold the funky blue stock for $100 and did the trigger myself.

Even paying full centrrfire retail for a second ACC, I’m way less than a bare Voodoo barreled action and aren’t swapping barreled actions back and forth.

Of course the Voodoo is superior to even a custom CZ, but my 455 is plenty accurate and the trigger is completely satisfactory.

First, we dont know the price of

First, we dont know the price of the 455 ACC chassis. I dont think MDT is going to release something that nobody will be able to afford...
    Second, a CZ 455 barreled action using say the group buy barrel is less than half the cost of a Vudoo barreled action, even with a Timney trigger...

Example, I bought a CZ 455 Scout 2 weeks ago using slickguns for $269.99 to get another action on hand. I sold the new barrel for $90 making my donor action $179.99. I have the new stock up for sale for $70. When that sells my donor action cost me $110.00...

Just going off $269.99 number, saying you dont sell any of the take off parts and buy the group buy barrel for $500 and a Timney which you dont have to do but your still under $900.00.....A Vudoo barreled action is $1800.00 before trigger...

Good question, it all depends on how you want to do things.

The Voodoo comes out ahead only if you compare it to a full custom CZ455 and plan to swap chassis with your centerfire match rifle.

In my case, I bought a EVO heavy barrel 455 for $350 new, sold the funky blue stock for $100 and did the trigger myself.

Even paying full centrrfire retail for a second ACC, I’m way less than a bare Voodoo barreled action and aren’t swapping barreled actions back and forth.

Of course the Voodoo is superior to even a custom CZ, but my 455 is plenty accurate and the trigger is completely satisfactory.

excellent points and examples guys. thank you. i love my 455, am interested in the 457 but the siren song of the vudoo is always calling at me too. its just so dang expensive.

bottom line is that i'm not doing anything at the moment though due to funds tied up for household appliances so its pretty much a moot point and i'll just sit here and be enticed by all the awesome stuff available.

That is a prototype. The production version will have a ‘funnel’ in the magazine well and an extended release included.

Sounds good. Thanks.

Love the look and will be sorely tempted.

What does it weigh just the chassis and just chassis plus grip and buttstock?

Btw don’t know if you can answer this or not but I think people will be comparing this to the rigid chassis because these are the sexiest chassis out there for the 455.

What sets yours apart from theirs?

excellent points and examples guys. thank you. i love my 455, am interested in the 457 but the siren song of the vudoo is always calling at me too. its just so dang expensive.

bottom line is that i'm not doing anything at the moment though due to funds tied up for household appliances so its pretty much a moot point and i'll just sit here and be enticed by all the awesome stuff available.

This is coming from someone who has a CZ 455, not a vudoo. The CZ is a good starter gun in my opinion. I own it, loved it. Dumped all sorts of crazy money into it, and that's without a match barrel. At some point you have to wonder if it makes sense. Mine has done some fantastic groups. But, it will never have the stock selection, trigger selection, and most importantly the mags that vudoo offers. I hate little 22 mags. I have small hands and hate handling them. I can't imagine guys with big hands handling the tiny mags. I know at least one person whose opinion I trust (on here) who has had the 455 and has the vudoo. There is no comparison based on his opinion. When DJ was building off the CZ platform, guys were plopping down 2000-3000 for those guns. The guns shot...very well. But, can't get the nice mag, the stock selection or the trigger options that vudoo offers. My 455 is for sale now at a huge loss. If you are thinking about the vudoo, just get it. You will always wonder and want it. If you want to fiddle and play with a different platform and enjoy that, then you have options to do that with the CZ guns.

Reactions: MDrimfirerookie
    This is coming from someone who has a CZ 455, not a vudoo. The CZ is a good starter gun in my opinion. I own it, loved it. Dumped all sorts of crazy money into it, and that's without a match barrel. At some point you have to wonder if it makes sense. Mine has done some fantastic groups. But, it will never have the stock selection, trigger selection, and most importantly the mags that vudoo offers. I hate little 22 mags. I have small hands and hate handling them. I can't imagine guys with big hands handling the tiny mags. I know at least one person whose opinion I trust (on here) who has had the 455 and has the vudoo. There is no comparison based on his opinion. When DJ was building off the CZ platform, guys were plopping down 2000-3000 for those guns. The guns shot...very well. But, can't get the nice mag, the stock selection or the trigger options that vudoo offers. My 455 is for sale now at a huge loss. If you are thinking about the vudoo, just get it. You will always wonder and want it. If you want to fiddle and play with a different platform and enjoy that, then you have options to do that with the CZ guns.

thanks for the feeback @EddieE. i'm content with the 455 right now, i do ok with it in competition when i'm not the issue pulling the trigger. however, i have a problem with liking nice new shiny things and having poor impulse control and a problem not liking the stuff i already have.

if money were no option i'd already have the vudoo in a manners prs 1 or possibly the ACC.

i don't shoot centerfire prs only rimfire so i don't really need the vudoo as a trainer but i like what i've seen from it and from the few times i've been able to get behind it.

Reactions: EddieE
    thanks for the feeback @EddieE. i'm content with the 455 right now, i do ok with it in competition when i'm not the issue pulling the trigger. however, i have a problem with liking nice new shiny things and having poor impulse control and a problem not liking the stuff i already have.

if money were no option i'd already have the vudoo in a manners prs 1 or possibly the ACC.

i don't shoot centerfire prs only rimfire so i don't really need the vudoo as a trainer but i like what i've seen from it and from the few times i've been able to get behind it.

I know the feeling. I'm selling 4 guns to fund a vudoo. As far as I care, it will be the one only 22 rifle I own. So, I will get what I want. I don't like collecting guns of the same caliber and not shooting. I don't know why I would want multiple 22 rifles if I have vudoo.

Sounds good. Thanks.

Btw don’t know if you can answer this or not but I think people will be comparing this to the rigid chassis because these are the sexiest chassis out there for the 455.

I don't know what the production versions will weigh exactly, but if you go to the MDT website and look at the regular ACC weights, you can figure on the 455 version being a few ounces more due to the magazine funnel being left in and less material removed for the smaller action.

I have no experience with the Rigid chassis, but mechanically all chassis systems do the same thing.

What sets the ACC-455 apart will be the same features that make the ACC a good competition chassis as well as mimicking your centerfire match rifle in an ACC for training/practice purposes.

They better consider that the 457 will soon replace the 455 100% in the USA, and it has already done so in Europe.....
    We are constantly developing new products so it may happen in the future. You can always help us out by following the link below and requesting the chassis! The more information we have on requests, the better. You can also use the support portal and send us an e-mail directly. Feedback is essential for us as it helps shape the future!

https://mdttac.com/pages/pre-ordering-information

Sounds good. Thanks.

The rimfire version will be sold like the centerfire version which for now are sold as a pair. They are very similar in weight to the centerfire version. The chassis weights around 2.65 pounds. The combined weight is around 5.2 pounds (subject to change). The grip will depend on what you purchase for the chassis.

We are constantly developing new products so it may happen in the future. You can always help us out by following the link below and requesting the chassis! The more information we have on requests, the better. You can also use the support portal and send us an e-mail directly. Feedback is essential for us as it helps shape the future!

https://mdttac.com/pages/pre-ordering-information

I understand that, and I'm not afraid to give feedback.

But it shouldn't take user/customer feedback to tell you what the rifle makers that you depend on to sell product are up to. Look at CZ-USA's rimfire rifle page and count how many 455s you see there.

Granted, you can make sales servicing the customers with existing 455s, but ignoring its replacement rifle would not be a smart move.

I understand that, and I'm not afraid to give feedback.

But it shouldn't take user/customer feedback to tell you what the rifle makers that you depend on to sell product are up to. Look at CZ-USA's rimfire rifle page and count how many 455s you see there.

Granted, you can make sales servicing the customers with existing 455s, but ignoring its replacement rifle would not be a smart move.
    For sure! We have no plans at this time for a CZ 457 ACC, however, it may change. Keep checking back with us!

It will be in line with the centerfire version which starts at 999.00$.

Reactions: padom
    This is very very tempting... I would love to try to get my CZ set up in one of these for the NRL22 championship this weekend. Must. Resist. The. Pull! ?.
    There are overnight and quicker shipping options on the website! So if you make up your mind, we can make it happen!

Reactions: padom
    wow u guys have just answered my biggest dream. only thing that sux is im from Australia and the conversion rate right now makes this unachievable for me to own. this sucks so hard :cry:
    ps how does it look with a mag inserted and how does it work
    It looks good; we will have some pictures up soon. It uses the factory magazine well, so it's like an using the stock magazine setup.

I'd wait until after the Nationals. Unless there's a problem, it's not a good idea to make major changes in equipment right before a big match.
    Exactly! Don’t need to be dealing with unexpected issues before the big match.

I have the factory Boyd’s stock on there right now and it is shooting pretty dang good and has been super reliable. I do love the ACC chassis’ that I have been able to try out and will likely be converting to that platform for my match .22 and 6CM as funding permits.

Reactions: MDT_OFFICIAL
    whats the barrel length on this rifle? any more piccies yet?:D
    Looks like a 20" which is the same combo we had put together the other day for pictures! Yes, the chassis and buttstock combo is 999.00$ grips and weights are extra!