• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CZ 455 Precision Trainer scope ring question-done

TN-MadDog

Minuteman
Feb 6, 2009
Ooltewah, TN
I have a CZ 455 Varmint Precision Trainer on order and have a question for anyone that has one.

The scope that I am going to use has a 30mm tube and a 50mm objective. I have a DIP 25 MOA extended rail on order to go with it.

What I don't have and need to order is a set of scope rings. I'm leaning towards a set of Seekins. I'm guessing that I will need medium height but wanted to see what others are using for this set up.

I will not have the rifle and scope in hand for a while so I can't measure it myself.

Thanks,

Joe

Re: CZ 455 Varmint Precision Trainer question

Agreed on the mediums...you should have room to spare. I have the exact same setup, except I'm using the SS 10X HD (42mm I believe). I'm using SWFA low rings and have plenty of room. I actually wish it was a scootch lower, but it pretty much is a non-issue.

I know Seekins rings are bombastic...but considering this is essentially a no-recoil rifle, you may be able to get away with something a little less extravagant. Those SWFA rings have worked without issue for my application. They are less than half the cost of the Seekins. Just something to consider if you are looking to stretch a dollar.

If I had the cake, I'd probably get the Seekins too :)

Running Seekins 30mm Lows on my SS 16x (riding a non-canted DIP base), and there is a little room between objective and barrel, but I would go Mediums to be safe with a 50mm...

I know the Seekins are probably overkill for a 22 but wanted to be able to use them on a center fire if need be. Looks like medium is the consensus.

Really looking forward to getting it all together and to the range.

Thanks.

I would go with lows or mediums with a stock pack I currently run med rings with a 25moa dip base and it is very high

I got away with lows on my 452 Varmint. 25 MOA DIP base, 30mm tube, 50mm objective. Still had room for the Butler Creeks too, though not by much. My rings are Burris XTRs.
I don't know how the 455 compares to the 452.

I just ordered a CZ 455 Precision Trainer as well; I'm going with a DIP 25 moa rail and Burris XTR low rings, scope will be a Vortex with a 50mm bell... hope it clears the barrel. I'm pretty picky about scope mounting and especially overall height as I like it as low as possible. Will report back once I get it put together.

Well, after a lot of measuring my two center fire rifles and the CZ, I ended up ordering Seekins high rings which came in today. I don't have the scope in hand (I sent it off to have the reticle changed out to match my other scopes) but I think they will be ok.

The top of the 25 moa DIP rail sits very low in relation to the top of the barrel compared to the rails on my other rifles. The straight, no taper barrel makes this even more of a factor. My GAP with a Badger rail measures about .440 from the top of the rail to the top of the barrel. My Surgeon RSR with a Surgeon rail measures about .410.

The CZ measures about .290 so I knew that I would need taller rings than what I had on the other rifles. So after some more measuring the tall seekins are what I came up with. I will have the scope Tuesday and I will see for sure.

Here are some pics of the rifles and as you can see a cardboard mock up of my scope on the CZ. I made the cardboard cut out to make some measurements and used it to see if the rings were going to be even close to what I needed. There is a little more room than the picture shows but it may be tight.

Can't wait to get this thing to the range and see how it shoots.

GAP Templar/Badger

GAP_edited-1.jpg

Surgeon/Surgeon

SAC_edited-1.jpg

CZ/DIP

CZ_edited-1.jpg

Math homework. No laughing please.

calculations_edited-1.jpg

Crap, didn't think about that. I'll just have to wait and see.

Re: CZ 455 Precision Trainer scope ring question-done

Well, I got my scope mounted and it worked out fine. It could have been a little higher but there is enough clearance for the barrel and bolt handle.

Hope to get out and shoot it in the next few days.

rifle_edited-1.jpg

objective_edited-1.jpg

bolt_edited-1.jpg

top_edited-1.jpg

Looks good. I get hardly any traction with my factory knob and the lows+scope, but it works for the shooting I do.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TN-MadDog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
CZ_edited-1.jpg

</div></div>

.....loving the new optic, is that FFP or SFP?
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TOP PREDATOR</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TN-MadDog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
CZ_edited-1.jpg

</div></div>

.....loving the new optic, is that FFP or SFP?
laugh.gif
</div></div>

No further information available at this time....Patent applied for. Expect further details at the SHOT show.
wink.gif

I'm just going to document my set up.. I have a 4-24 x 50 Bush Elite that I tried mounting on Badger .8 medium rings and the bell hits the barrel. Had to switch out to 1. Highs. The thickness of the DIP 25 MOA base is approx 3mm which screwed up my math. I use max 50 rings which makes me look like a Mad Man...

I'll admit to being perplexed by this somewhat. I recently purchased New, a CZ455PT that had some strange 11mm dovetail somehow fixed in place. Rather than a 20moa rail like on a traditional bolt gun. Finding Rings, 30mm, to fit this wasn't easy. And they only came in one height and it's too tall. So the obvious questions are: when did CZ change the way they did this ? Is this rail removable ? if so - How ? And what traditional rail would fit ?

Quark