• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cz 455 precision trainer

Depends on y'er luck with the assembly line lottery.
Hammer forged mass produced barrels can have some interesting quirks.
Was the chamber cut with a new tool or a worn one.
Same with the crown. Will you get a Monday morning rifle, a Friday afternoon rifle,
or a "I'm so hungover I shouldn't have come to work rifle"?

Cynical? Me? Oh yeah. ;)

Reactions: MDrimfirerookie
Are you looking to justify an upgrade or just choose between the 2? Also, what are you looking for accuracy wise?

These are just MY 2 cents here but the majority of the improvements on the 457 are aesthetic and ergonomic.

However with ergonomic improvements you SHOULD be able to get more comfortable behind the rifle, build a better position, focus on the fundamentals and then in theory be more accurate.

At the end of the day it boils down to the ammo you are feeding it. and as @justin amateur just said the luck of when your rifle was produced

Looking for a nlr22 rifle. Cant afford a vudoo i can get a 455 now for a better price than a gunbroker 457. Considering a tikka also.

both are good options for nrl22. the 457 has an upgraded stock. they took the prs1 and set it up for a CZ. it doesn't have the adjustable cheek but has the prs1 fore end which is nice for barricades and bags. the 455 has the t4 stock which is also really good for this style of shooting.

internally, the 457 has a better trigger that is user adjustable and a lighter and shorter action. it also has a shorter bolt throw. the barrels and mags and mag wells are exactly the same between the 455 and 457.

the 457 comes pillar bedded. i don't remember if the 455 does or not. this would be the only possible accuracy difference between the 2

the tikka is also a decent option but you may be looking to replace the stock sooner rather than later based on my experiences with others that have shot the tikka

I bought a 455 with tacticool stock earlier this year on impulse. I have to say it's extremely accurate and one of my favorite rifles. Only after I bought my AT did I wish I'd bought the 457 to have the same 60 degree boot throw. An adjustable cheek riser would be great too; I diy'd that issue since the stock is wood. Knowing myself, I'll probably be buying a Vudoo in the next year and get an AICS-AT stock for that, but I have no complaints about my 455 in the meantime.

Well at the last minute i talked myself into a t1x in a bravo chassis. I really wanted the 457 pro varmint but man it is hard to find. So my centerfire is a t3x in a xray chassis so this will be a trainer. My next gun will be a 457 varmint and just bed it in the wood stock.