• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cz 455 PT build help

Kamkaze

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 17, 2013
Texas
My son is getting a CZ 455 Precision Trainer and I’m very unfamiliar with the platform. I’m curious what scope base is recommended, as well as other modifications to maximize the potential of the platform. I read Area 419 is making a nice base for it, but as far as I can tell it’s not available yet. Thanks in advance.

I have an EGW 20 moa base on mine and have no complaints. Midway carries them.

Mine required some fitting of the stock and bedding. There is a thread buried in this section titled "varmints aren't going to dig this". Dig it up and it will explain the stock work as well as some other observations.

I have a stupid accurate 64MPR sitting around, but find myself shooting the CZ (in both 22WMR and 22LR) far more often. Just something about the CZ I prefer..

I had an EGW 20 moa and liked it but most of the CZ shooters that I shot with used the dip rails and had no complaints.

I like EGW bases. I have 3 of them now. As far as rings go, I would not get Burris sig. zee again. They are a bit tight and didn't fit the base. Had to open them up AND it is very difficult to turn the scope to level it while the top ring is on. I also noticed that the scope moves alot while tightening the screws resulting in frustration, out of level scope and lots of cursing. My Seekins on the other are freaking awesome.

DIP 25moa scope rail
YoDave trigger kit
Vortex 5-25 PST v2 scope
KRG 180 chassis

Awesome shooter and feels great.

So I ended up ordering the Area 419 scope rail because they will be shipping right after Thanksgiving, I am thinking he will be getting a PST II 5-25 for with it. I am going to see how he fits the Manners stock, if he doesn't like it I will sell it and get him a chassis. I will do some research on the YoDave trigger. I appreciate the help.

Got the area 419 rail in and it is extremely nice, I have the yo dave trigger kit and the Glades Armory oversized bolt knob on the way. The Gun seems to be shooting close to MOA with Prime Ammo and my 10 year old behind it so I am very happy with that.