• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CZ 455 PT with yo dave kit issue

EKIM1428

Private
Minuteman
Feb 2, 2013
Long Island
I installed a yo dave trigger kit in my CZ 455 pt the other day. I used the most modest of options as I don't like very light triggers (blue shim and heavy spring from the kit) The problem is, when I cycle the bolt, if I pull back even a little too hard, the bolt skips over the bolt stop and comes straight out. I've double checked and everything is installed correctly and all other options in the kit make the problem worse. Anyone else have this problem? Looks like I might be getting that timney trigger after all.

I was showing a friend at the range the CZ and you can imagine what an ass I looked like when I cycled the bolt straight out of the action lol.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention it will not slam fire at all and there is plenty of sear engagement.

Maybe mine is a fluke. I can't seem to find anyone having this issue here or otherwise. I'm not slamming the bolt either, running it about as hard and fast as I do my .308

Anyone with a yo dave trigger kit willing to check there bolt by running it quickly? I can't imagine the stop or bolt is worn out..I only have about 800 rounds through the rifle.

The tolerances on mine must be a bit different then. With the lightest shim I can fire the rifle if I sneeze near it and the bolt will fall out by gravity alone. I only had a few mm of creep with the stock trigger too but it was there and noticeable. I may just put the factory shim back in and polish the sear for now.

I tried all of them and it does it the least with heaviest shim (blue) but it still does it unless I'm trying not to cycle the bolt too quickly and it gets progressively worse from there.

how about no shim, just spring?
I'm running no shim, 2nd lightest spring. Was good enough for me not to bother with the shims.

I just had the same thing happen to me. I solved it by just using the new spring, and putting the old trigger pin back in.(No shim) The roll pin did not work, and I actually had the trigger release upon cocking the bolt. Putting the old trigger pin back in solved all the problems for me. I guess I got lucky, as I have no creep in the trigger. I guess the roll pin is too small in some instances.

I finally had some time to tinker with it and I ended up with no shim and third lightest spring from the kit. Anything lighter and it will slam fire and all the shims let my bolt come out. It's all good now. Light enough for me, bolt stays put and minimal creep. I guess these CZs are hit or miss as far as creep/ sear engagement goes. Thanks for the input guys.