• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CZ 455 Question

dbowhunter

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Sep 27, 2012
Michigan
Is there any indication or reason to believe that there is any difference in the actions from one model to another? I'm looking at getting one of the Precision Trainers, but they are hard to find. I have plans on using lilja barrel anyways, so is there any reason I couldn't just buy a cheapo synthetic stock version and just replace the stock and barrel to make my Trainer?

Thanks,

Dave

All that and a trigger. Factory rifle is nice way to go still.
I got behind a 'trainer' today and it was very nice.
I also got to send five from a Stevens rollingblock, [falling block] built in the thirties I think. That was bad ass. And hit with the 'force'. Quite the piece of machinery.
As for the CZ, Its modern. Needs a trigger. Will get a good job done. To me they are all fun. Dam I got to shoot that Savage today.

I ran across a Varmint model, and snatched it up. All I needed was the action and bottom metal. It has worked out quite well for me.

I would say you would be well served by buying a cheaper model for only the parts you plan to use.

Thank G24, i can get a regular old synthetic stock version for $379 , and the manners stocks are 490 from cz...., if i can get a100 back out of the barrel and factory stock, its worth it.

Where are you finding the model you are mentioning? I have been looking for one and no luck! Thanks

You could try and get another with a different caliber than the one you want, so you still have some use for the factory barrel.