• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cz 455 question

FLEric308

Technician
Minuteman
Nov 3, 2009
Dunkirk, MD
I am looking at getting a CZ455. My fist thought is to get the MPA 22BA as I use a MPA chassis for PRS. Is the MPA built gun with the extra money compared to getting a 455 varmint precision trainer?

Depends how much you like your MPA. The manners stock on the precision trainer does not have LOP or cheek adjustment and they are kind of heavy/bulky for what they are (I shoot with a couple folks that have them in my circle of matches). If it were me after knowing what I know now 6 years later after my CZ455 purchase and all the fiddling around with stocks, mods, and custom work I'd definitely go with the MPA system with it's system of adjustments and mounting points and be done.

CZ455 is a pretty capable .22 platform. I like my Vudoo (now in a MPA chassis), Kidd and Anschutz 22's, but in reality my 455 is probably 95-97% of their capability at a drastically lower price point.

They want $1700 for basically an off the shelf CZ that has been upgraded with a barrel, trigger spring and put in a chassis. That is alot of $ considering you could get a used DJ build for about or a little more than that. Heck, a guy on here was trying to sell one and all he wanted was $1500 and couldn't move the gun. This was a gun with a .2 guarantee. I personally would not drop $1700 on that gun. If you must have that chassis, buy the cheapest CZ 455 variant ($310), toss the barrel and stock (or sell them, get about $100 combined), get a Lilja drop in ($480 assuming you want it threaded, $50 less if you don't), get the MPA chassis $650, trigger spring $.30 and you have the same gun for under $1500. Use the $200 you saved on some good ammo and have fun.

Other option would be to get the Vudoo, they have a following here. But that is more than $1700.

Thanks for the advice. You both hit on concerns I had. I might just buy a basic cz455 and upgrade it the way I want it.

I would also get the cheapest 455 Varmint you can find and drop it in a chassis. I went through this same dilemma over the past month. I actually got the Tacticool for $434 with the intention of pillar and bedding it which I did. Shot decent out of the box, huge improvement bedded and now in a MDT LSS-22 chassis. Shooting submoa at 100yds with FGMM and 5x15 at 50yd with various types of match ammo is 0.50 agg.

Shoot your barrel first before immediately getting a Lilja. I was going to go that route but my factory barrel is shooting damn good.

http://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/mdt-lss-22-chassis-review-cz-455-22lr.6904025/

Reactions: Tx_Aggie
I would also get the cheapest 455 Varmint you can find and drop it in a chassis. I went through this same dilemma over the past month. I actually got the Tacticool for $434 with the intention of pillar and bedding it which I did. Shot decent out of the box, huge improvement bedded and now in a MDT LSS-22 chassis. Shooting submoa at 100yds with FGMM and 5x15 at 50yd with various types of match ammo is 0.50 agg.

Shoot your barrel first before immediately getting a Lilja. I was going to go that route but my factory barrel is shooting damn good.

http://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/mdt-lss-22-chassis-review-cz-455-22lr.6904025/

I think I am getting a tacticool and eventually dropping it in an xlr chassis. I have looked at quite a few options and this one makes the most sense for what I want to do. I would love a Vudoo but can't justify it.

Sure the Vudoo is the cream of the crop, but price was it doesnt compare to a CZ 455. The accuracy Im getting, with the mods Ive made and the right ammo has me at less than half the cost of a Vudoo in an MPA or XLR Envy which is the only way Id go. Im not a stock guy. Im getting damn near the same performance out of my current CZ 455 / LSS-22 setup that Im seeing guys with Vudoo's getting. The big difference I see is the Vudoo is shooting a lot of different match ammo very well where my CZ 455 took some work to find what it shot best.

Ill get a Vudoo at some point, but Im in no rush. Waiting for them to start selling just the V-22 actions again so I can have a Mullerworks spun up for it.

There is something to be said for having the same set-up for your big rifle and your rimfire. I wound up doing that with a PDC Custom chassis for both. You have all the same adjustments and feel, I even have a scope that carries the same reticle as my center fire so the training is as close as possible. The $1700 for the MPA is very similar to what you will have in a build with a donor rifle and the chassis of your choice. I wound up with extra expense for the barrel because I wasn't happy with the tenon area in the donor rifle.