• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

CZ 455 shooting low.

mtcur3

Private
Minuteman
Nov 25, 2008
I just got my 455 .22 heavy barrel cleaned and mounted a new 24x Sightron scope in CZ rings. I went to the range and found I was shooting 9" low at 25 yards. When trying to adjust the scope, I ran out of elevation . I was able to move the hits up only about 3 inches.
Still no joy.
I called CZ and spoke with a rep. He said they haven't had any problems like I described. He suggested I make sure I had 11mm ring bases first and send them back for a new set if not.
I took the rings off reversed them and remounted them.
Removed the Sightron and tried another scope. Same problem.
Removed the barrel from the action and did not see anything that looked amiss to my untrained eye.
Pulled out a couple of 452s we have. Loosened the mounts and pulled off the scopes and mounts together. Mounted them one at a time on the new 455. Same problem.... shooting low. Three inches at 25 yards. Did this twice.
Has anyone else had this problem? What did you come up with for a solution? I ordered a +25MOA rail from DIP and Burris Signature rings for quick fix. I really didn't want to go through the hassle of sending it back to CZ if I could get it shooting on my own.
What are your experiences?

Re: CZ 455 shooting low.

I'm sending it back to CZ. They've sent me a FedEx shipping label. Will update you all with any relevant info.

wow that's f'd up, especially with using different optics.

the only things i can thing that may cause that:

1. dovetail not cut correctly (major slant)

2. recess in action where the barrel attaches is also cut incorrectly (major slant) or the lobes on the barrel are incorrect. don't know if it would pose enough of a misalignment to cause a hard or weird chambering of a round.

both would cause a major increase in POA / POI differences, like a billion MOA built in!

I called CZ two weeks ago to follow up on my 455. I was told that a manager took it to the range the day before I called and found the same thing I found. It was impossible to get the enough elevation to get on target. They told me they would send me another 455 from the next shipment.
I got a new 455 heavy barrel from CZ on Tuesday 2/5. Today I mounted a scope and tested it. Elevation was correct at 50 yards. I moved three inches to the right and was on target. I ran the scope up and down and now have plenty of elevation available when I need to move out. I shot one 5 shot group at 50 yards with CCI SV that measured .41. I've got high hopes for this rifle and will report back.
Thank you to CZ USA for taking care of this problem with a brand new rifle.
I'll be ordering an American later on today.