• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CZ 455 Varmint Tacticool

Re: CZ 455 Varmint Tacticool

Couldnt you just buy a cz455 and then go get a tacticool stock?

That looks like it will be a hot seller!

The Manners was just way too expensive, and according to some of the posts here, the gun sold with the Manners stock was not worth the $800.00 + price CZ was asking, although it looked great to me...I'd wish Remington would get on the ball and make a less expensive version of the 40x....unless they do and I don't know it..

I have the CZ 455 in a Manners stock. The stock is worth the extra cost. The rifle is a hammer (as much of a hammer as a 22lr can be...lol)

The Boyds Tacticool is a decent enough stock for looks, but for feel, I prefer the Manners. Just my two bits.

I have a CZ 455 PT with a manners stock and ogre shooter said its OTB a great shooter. Anyone that I know complained did so because they wanted a 500.00 manners stock for next to nothing. Add up a 455 and a manners stock and you won't get it for less than the msrp.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMCCHET9296</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Add up a 455 and a manners stock and you won't get it for less than the msrp. </div></div>

Nor should I. A stock as an aftermarket accessory should be much more expensive than a package deal with a factory rifle, where the manufacturer is negotiating the price for me and buying many thousands of stocks.

I paid good money for my McMillan A5, but it is one of a kind and was built exactly to my specs for a single rifle.

I couldn't justify a manners stock for a 'trainer'. I also read where the barrel channel was off, etc. which may require even more money before I'm done?

I'm not saying anyone who did is wrong for doing so. I am only speaking for myself and everyone's situations and motives can be different.

To me a trainer is a rifle that mimics my 'real' rifle and I can shoot it for less money. If I spend a lot of money for my trainer it will be a pretty long time before it starts to benefit me as a trainer because all that extra money could have just been spent shooting my more expensive rifle.

I like the option of this new rifle from CZ but I do wish the Tacticool stock was made of harder wood. I had to put a spacer on the back of my stock to make it more realistic.

Time to post this month's target in the short range comp! I kind of like this month's results. Progress! And proof that a trainer really can help, even if mostly dry firing.

Jeffersonv, my barrel runs straight down the barrel channel on my manners stock.

I will add that for the cost I have wrapped up in my CZ I could have bought a metric assload of 308. BUT, I love shooting vermin, so what the hell, might as well have a fantastic shooting rifle that mimics my centerfire.

For training, I do not justify it by cost, but by trigger time. It is what it is. If you want a "realistic" trainer, build two identical centerfires, train on one, compete/shoot the other.

Yeah Jeffersonv Ive been following the CZ 455 for a long time and I got mine not long after they came out and for the money its prolly the best trainer out on the market today. Sure you can get a 40x if you got money and lots of it and it will be on par with your centerfire, again you will need lots of money. You can get a Sako quad .... thats a grand out the door and you will still need to stock it. Oh you can get a Savage but while they are nice rifles they are no CZ .... No the CZ PT is a great gun.

smile.gif

CZ455PT-10-12 (1) by usmcchet92_96, on Flickr

BTW I have yet to see or hear of a 455PT that had issues with the barrel channel being out of alignment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jeffersonv</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
To me a trainer is a rifle that mimics my 'real' rifle and I can shoot it for less money. </div></div>

That was my original thought. And then I realized I was running more than 10x the amount of ammo through the .22 that I was through the .308 and the upgrades to the .22 started to make more sense. I merely do this for fun so I might as well invest the money in the 'fun' rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: russ10x</div><div class="ubbcode-body">USMCCHET...what make is your stock pad. Very impressive Bro.... </div></div>

Google BALS MK-2 Sniper Bean Bag

mine was by quite a bit actually
i shipped the stock back to tom and he fixed it right away
and installed a rear pillar for me free of charge but i did have to pay for 1 way shiping
i have talked to several other people that have had the same issue
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMCCHET9296</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

BTW I have yet to see or hear of a 455PT that had issues with the barrel channel being out of alignment </div></div>

No I am referring to the new 2013 model CZs. I have shot a PT several times!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gmg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hello: Where did you get the mag holders? </div></div>
They are just velcro backed 6 round centerfire cartrige holders I modified to work with 3 five round CZ mags. Got it off a old mag puch I had

There's a lot of badassery on that rig USMCCHET9296.

Very nice.

Trigger time is definitely a good argument for the PT.

That's a pretty slick unit for sure and I would think you would get the feeling you are done with it while the tacticool I always have the feeling there is more tweaking to do.

The PT is actually a nice rig for the price. I would say the tacticool is a pretty good buy too, if you want to go that route.

I'm thinking I may end up with a CZ someday.

We could use some competition in the monthly rimfire matches. How about you guys get on those sweet rigs and show us how it's done?

Is there a difference between a 452 action & a 455 action?

What stock is that?? Is it a manners?<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMCCHET9296</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah Jeffersonv Ive been following the CZ 455 for a long time and I got mine not long after they came out and for the money its prolly the best trainer out on the market today. Sure you can get a 40x if you got money and lots of it and it will be on par with your centerfire, again you will need lots of money. You can get a Sako quad .... thats a grand out the door and you will still need to stock it. Oh you can get a Savage but while they are nice rifles they are no CZ .... No the CZ PT is a great gun.

smile.gif

BTW I have yet to see or hear of a 455PT that had issues with the barrel channel being out of alignment </div></div>

For those who are interested, the Tacticool 455's are showing up now. I just placed an order for one. I'm ok with the Boyds Tacticool stock. Not in the same league as the Manners version, but should work well for my purposes.

Hope the rifle likes CCI SV or Wolf MT, cause that's all I've got on hand ... or that I'm gonna be able to get for some months.

I own a 455 PT and a Savage MKII TR-SR, which runs the same Boyds stock as the CZ455 Tacticool. While they’re both great shooters, there’s no comparison when it comes to the quality of the action and barrel of the CZ. I won’t compare a Manners stock to the Boyd for obvious reasons, but I did reject one PT because the barrel was not centered in the channel. Same thing occurs in the Boyd’s stocks, but it’s an easy fix as the wood is pretty soft. Another thing I like about the CZ 455 is the option to swap barrels from .22LR to.17HMR or .22WM for about $120ea. Leija offers them in .22LR and will have the .17HMR out soon. As far as ammo, my 455 likes Wolf MT and ELEY, and does well with CCI SV. It will not tolerate most bulk ammo. To be fair, the Savage TR is less picky about ammo and either rifle will deliver .5” @ 50yds.
If I didn’t like my PT so much I would be all over a 455 Tacticool - Solid rifle at great price.
I like the way you set up your rifle Chet. I hope to make some of the same changes myself.

Last edited:
Yeah Jeffersonv Ive been following the CZ 455 for a long time and I got mine not long after they came out and for the money its prolly the best trainer out on the market today. Sure you can get a 40x if you got money and lots of it and it will be on par with your centerfire, again you will need lots of money. You can get a Sako quad .... thats a grand out the door and you will still need to stock it. Oh you can get a Savage but while they are nice rifles they are no CZ .... No the CZ PT is a great gun.

smile.gif

BTW I have yet to see or hear of a 455PT that had issues with the barrel channel being out of alignment
Very Nice rig.

where can i pick up one of these 455 tacticool's at?

I ordered mine from Bud's, but looks like they're gone already. I've noticed that they're more aggressive on their pricing of popular models the past few months, it might pop back up as "VIP only" or at a higher price in a couple weeks.

yeah I can't seem to find one to buy... where do I find one?

and if I wanted an anschutz, what should I look for? (model?) they seem to be hard to find as well

Last edited:
Does anyone know how the CZ455 PT is different from buying a CZ455 and manners stock separately?

i think the difference is just the price, there was a PT thread here somewhere, i'm still a little lost with the new site or i'd post that link for ya.

of course too there is a "factory fit" to the stock with the PT, whether or not that's a good thing i don't know.

i can only ASSume that hold the same with the tacticool set up.

IMO i'd think the only real differences between PT or Tacticools coming out of the box or assembling the components yourself is if you have the time, willingness / experience to do it yourself and cost.

Buying them separately will cost more and require that you wait for T. Manners to build your stock, which might be months. Manners T-4 starts at $535 and a CZ 455 Varmint runs about $480. I recall seeing new 455 PT's going for $865 in the Hide classifieds. On the plus side, you would have an extra wood stock.

usmcchet9296 Wow! that is a great looking rifle. I've got a 453 that I really like but the torque on the action screws is very finicky (factory wood stock). Wish they would have threaded the barrel for a suppressor. Few more dollars and there wouldn't be anything left to do but mount a scope.

I'm on the fence. I have a cz455 with the manners stock and and extra walnut stock. I have a Leupold 4-12 on it right now. I'm a ruger guy. Love my VBZ 's. I just don't know if it's for me.

I may sell it outright !