• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cz 456 pro varmint cheek riser suggestions pls.

Stevenvee

Private
Minuteman
Jul 1, 2021
Atlanta, GA
I have a factory wood stocked CZ pro varmint 457. The problem is with my 15 MOArail and 50 mm Athlon 5 x 25 with 1.5” rings to clear barrel with forward lens, I can’t get my cheek weld and line up in the eye box. What are you guys using for risers that look good (no tape and foam) and doesn’t put screw holes in the stock. And for you guys telling me to buy a new chassis, forget it. 😮I like the wood stock and I like to run production. 👍🏼

If you don't want to use tape, or screws, what would you assume would secure anything to the wood itself?

Try an oldschool version that fit stretches over the stock, is the only other option I could see.

I put a rear stock cover on mine and used Velcro strips between the stock and cover so you can build up to the right height.

0F54CFD7-66BB-4B26-9365-46D874815B2D.jpeg

Reactions: camocorvette
I've got a VMTR and have the DIP 30* rail. I'm able to use 'low' rings with my Athlon Argos BTR 8-34x56, with about 1/8" clearance on the front bell. I can see the scope just fine, maybe the MTR has a higher comb?
This 'Tourbon' brand riser looks OK ? http s://www.amazon.com/TOURBON-Leather-Buttstock-Protective-Holder/dp/B09MYQWLTG/ref=sr_1_20?crid=1QOD8WOPXWUK4&keywords=cheek+riser&qid=1677364411&sprefix=cheek+riser%2Caps%2C109&sr=8-20
On other rifles I've used the 'strap-on' pads that cost $10 or so. And I went with an 'off-brand' styled like the Mathews on a couple synthetic stocks, need to drill holes, but looks OK.
IMG_20230219_142825.jpg

I looked at these online, but wasn’t sure how well they fit. Thank you very much.
I have used them on a Hogue, Savage/Boyds Tacticool, and a Victor Titan. Worked perfectly on all three. The guy will also send you some extra straps if you need them

Reactions: Kavi09
I love my bradley cheek rests, they take some time to get just right but once its there I never take them off my rifles.

I've got a VMTR and have the DIP 30* rail. I'm able to use 'low' rings with my Athlon Argos BTR 8-34x56, with about 1/8" clearance on the front bell. I can see the scope just fine, maybe the MTR has a higher comb?
This 'Tourbon' brand riser looks OK ? http s://www.amazon.com/TOURBON-Leather-Buttstock-Protective-Holder/dp/B09MYQWLTG/ref=sr_1_20?crid=1QOD8WOPXWUK4&keywords=cheek+riser&qid=1677364411&sprefix=cheek+riser%2Caps%2C109&sr=8-20
On other rifles I've used the 'strap-on' pads that cost $10 or so. And I went with an 'off-brand' styled like the Mathews on a couple synthetic stocks, need to drill holes, but looks OK.
View attachment 8083742
Maybe I just have a short face😮

I can’t remember what brand this is, but I got it for under $30 on Amazon. It comes with different pads for height adjustment and is suede. I’ve had it on there for 1.5 years now.

1677511384931.jpeg

That looks a lot like an ITC cheek riser.
Yup! That’s correct. I checked after you mentioned it. They come in all sorts of materials; polished leather, basket weave, suede, wetsuit, cordura; and a variety of styles. Highly recommend.

That looks a lot like an ITC cheek riser.
Thanks for getting back to me lash.
I can’t remember what brand this is, but I got it for under $30 on Amazon. It comes with different pads for height adjustment and is suede. I’ve had it on there for 1.5 years now.

View attachment 8084972
thanks lash and thanks turkey rider. I really like the look of that and I’m going to check it out on Amazon. Do you have any problem with it moving while shooting?

Search God’a Grip on the web. The sell a variety of adhesive rubber cheek pads

thanks lash and thanks turkey rider. I really like the look of that and I’m going to check it out on Amazon. Do you have any problem with it moving while shooting?
No. I strapped it down real well and over the course of the past couple years have twice snugged it up a little to remove minor slack caused by use and stretch. It does not move while on the rifle.

Like you, I did not want to cut or drill the nice factory wood stock. Nor glue anything on it. I do those things all the time with my chassis and fiberglass stocks. I just didn’t want to do it with this one.

In all honesty, mine has shifted slightly. HOWEVER, they come with a piece of velcro that you can place on the stock that corresponds to another piece of velcro on the rear of the pad. At first I didn`t use that, but now I do. Controls forward shift.

In all honesty, mine has shifted slightly. HOWEVER, they come with a piece of velcro that you can place on the stock that corresponds to another piece of velcro on the rear of the pad. At first I didn`t use that, but now I do. Controls forward shift.
Mine shifted a little at first, but once I readjusted and all the straps are in the narrowest part of the stock, it doesn’t move at all.

No. I strapped it down real well and over the course of the past couple years have twice snugged it up a little to remove minor slack caused by use and stretch. It does not move while on the rifle.

Like you, I did not want to cut or drill the nice factory wood stock. Nor glue anything on it. I do those things all the time with my chassis and fiberglass stocks. I just didn’t want to do it with this one.
Thank you so much for your help. I’ve ordered the ITC riser/pad and should get it in the next few days. I’ll let you know how I feel about it and if it puts me in the correct position for my scopes eye box..👍🏼

Reactions: lash