• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CZ 457 Action Screw Replacement

mwiggi

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jul 22, 2020
South Georgia
The action screws on my CZ 457 Pro-Varmint Suppressor Ready are starting to strip. I’m planning on going to ACE Hardware to see if I can find replacements. I’ve looked everywhere online and can’t find any replacements. Anyone have any ideas about replacements that fit without having to be altered?

Even the quality after market replacements such as Pete's Pillars require cutting to fit.

Several nuts can be used as a guide or stop on the threads and can clean up the threads after the cut/grind.

I spent the day looking for them locally. Found one for the front screw. It was m5x.08x30mm machine screw with a flat head. The rear action screw is slightly larger, maybe 40mm.

Ended up ordering a 50 piece set of various sizes with bolts for $10 on Amazon. So I will cut one down if necessary.

Hopefully this will help someone in the future if they screw up and strip their screws. I’ll post again when I get the screws in and say for sure what size action screws are needed for the provarmint.