• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CZ 457 Cleaning Rod, Bore Guide

DaveCo

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Aug 20, 2019
Colorado
So my Dewey 22 cal rod is very tight (I can feel lots of drag, even without a patch). I'm not comfortable running it through the bore.
What's everyone using? They have a .17-.20 rod, but you'd need adapters for .22 attachments.
Also, what bore guide? Possum Hollow lists them for the 452, but the 457 is considerably different.

Thanks in advance for any help/ thoughts...

Reactions: Bgriff008
I use 20 cal rods for my CZ’s. I use Possum Hollow bore guides for my 452’s, but don’t have one yet for my new 457.

So my Dewey 22 cal rod is very tight (I can feel lots of drag, even without a patch). I'm not comfortable running it through the bore.
What's everyone using? They have a .17-.20 rod, but you'd need adapters for .22 attachments.
Also, what bore guide? Possum Hollow lists them for the 452, but the 457 is considerably different.

Thanks in advance for any help/ thoughts...
I had the same problem with my Dewey in my 457. Ended up buying a Bore Tech guide and rod. Everything perfect now .

Do you use an adapter to use .22 jags and brushes then?
I may just give possum hollow a call and see what number they recommend

I looked at Dewey's website and they indicated that because of the tight bore dimensions on target rifles like CZ, Anshcutz, etc, they recommend using a .20 cal rod. You could also use an uncoated 22 cal because it's diameter is slightly less than the coated rod. For a bore guide, I use a short length of 5/8 inch PVC pipe with a cutout so it will clear the ejector. Cheap and effective.

Reactions: Peahi2
Their rimfire rod with orange handle. You can do what I did and call them with your questions and they will head you in the right direction.

Sounds like Bore Tech for the win!!
And pjs, I'll give the pvc a try, thanks

Thanks to everyone, really appreciate the input(s)....

I use the Tipton carbon fire .17 rod it works great

Seconding the Boretech rimfire rod and bore guide. It works amazing on my 457.

Heading to Scheels tomorrow morning, hopefully they'll have one. If not I'll order it.
Thanks again to everyone for the advice, really do appreciate it!!!

I just got my 457. I called Possum Hollow and was told the #92 guide. I got it yesterday and my dewey 22 cal rod is tite not comfortable with it. From reading above is their a 17 cal rod that uses regular jags or will you need an adapter for 22 cal jags. Thanks

Reactions: SepticDeath