• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CZ 457 Discussion

Ghost1941

Resident Gun Guy
Minuteman
Jan 18, 2009
Michigan
Cz 457 02325 vs new model cz 457 02355

I see the new one has an adjustable stock. Is there anything different beyond that?

Anything better about the 02325 that justified the higher price? Seems like the few I've seen still in stock at stores are more than the new model...

Thanks in advance

I presume the factory trigger is not in the same ball park with a TriggerTech Diamond or Bix'nAndy TacSport Pro but is a third-party trigger available which is in the ballpark?

Reactions: Ghost1941
Yes. 02355 has the match barrel / match chamber. Has the adjustable cheek. And also a flat bottom vs a slanted bottom on the other model.

So last year's model didn't have both match barrel and match chamber? The etching on it said match cut chamber.

Stock profile makes sense.

Still stumped as to why/how they dropped the sale price with the new model with the adjustable stock by $200... 🤔

One would think the price would have gone up.

So last year's model didn't have both match barrel and match chamber? The etching on it said match cut chamber.

Stock profile makes sense.

Still stumped as to why/how they dropped the sale price with the new model with the adjustable stock by $200... 🤔

One would think the price would have gone up.

Oh oops, I misread the link, yes model 02325 does have the match chamber too.

So yes $200 more for an adjustable cheek and also a different Manners stock (flat botton vs angled) at the front.

Also all the CZ prices went up.. the standard MTR went up $100 from last year too.

Oh oops, I misread the link, yes model 02325 does have the match chamber too.

So yes $200 more for an adjustable cheek and also a different Manners stock (flat botton vs angled) at the front.

Also all the CZ prices went up.. the standard MTR went up $100 from last year too.
Alright. Thats what I was tracking. It seems it might just be a stock swap...

Thats the thing. The new one is $200 less! 😅 The old one with the non adjustable was retailing for around $1600 and the new one is around $1400. Doesn't make sense unless they've streamlined their process, bulk ordered for a savings from Manners... or cut something out? 🤔

There’s a sticky CZ 457 thread with over 2k replies.
I saw... 45 pages of discussion. Nothing from what I could tell discussed the difference between the two models at hand or the price change. A lot of initial discussion about the 457 release, then some follow up on triggers, barrels, shimming, matches etc... ammo flavor for them.

I currently have a Rim-X... but I want something I can compete with recreationally as well as go shoot critters with. The 18 lb Rim-X unfortunately is not that rifle. Great for a single purpose.. but I've shifted from competition focus to a more practical application.

Alright. Thats what I was tracking. It seems it might just be a stock swap...

Thats the thing. The new one is $200 less! 😅 The old one with the non adjustable was retailing for around $1600 and the new one is around $1400. Doesn't make sense unless they've streamlined their process, bulk ordered for a savings from Manners... or cut something out? 🤔

I saw... 45 pages of discussion. Nothing from what I could tell discussed the difference between the two models at hand or the price change. A lot of initial discussion about the 457 release, then some follow up on triggers, barrels, shimming, matches etc... ammo flavor for them.

I currently have a Rim-X... but I want something I can compete with recreationally as well as go shoot critters with. The 18 lb Rim-X unfortunately is not that rifle. Great for a single purpose.. but I've shifted from competition focus to a more practical application.

I personally just like that nice manners out of the box form factor. Then again you could just get a varmint pro for like 650

Reactions: Appalachian
I presume the factory trigger is not in the same ball park with a TriggerTech Diamond or Bix'nAndy TacSport Pro but is a third-party trigger available which is in the ballpark?
The TriggersByScar triggers for the 457 are superb, but the wait list is long. They are available in one stage and two stage in different weights. I have two of them in 3oz. single stage.

Reactions: rick137
Does anyone have experience with the CZ in the Manners stock and also the Boyd’s? I’m looking at getting one of those and other than price and the match barrel and chambering… I’m tossed on which one would be the better stock? Unfortunately I can’t handle either one as no one in the area has them….