• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CZ-457 experts help on magazines

Cyberbug007

Bullseye
Minuteman
Mar 8, 2024
NJ
Got a CZ-457 came with one 5rnd polymer mag. I am trying to get 10rnd Steel Mags

I got 5 from a site part number 5133-1200-01ND - box says 455-452

Well they don’t fit, they won’t insert all the way in.

found few on another site same part Number but says 457 on it. so I am confused now
IMG_7931.jpeg

I ordered this same part number they say 455/452 on them and don’t Fit.

I can get these but they have the same part number what if these also don’t fit?

trying find correct part number for 457 Steel 10rnd mags

Thanks in advance

Figured out the issue the Steel mags are same for 455 and 457 but the polymer are different to steel.
My gun is set up for polymer mags, I have ordered some.

Figured out the issue the Steel mags are same for 455 and 457 but the polymer are different to steel.
My gun is set up for polymer mags, I have ordered some.
Last year I ordered the 10 round polymer magazine for my 455 and it did not fit. After a lot of sanding it still would not insert without a lot of force, then it would not feed correctly. Chalked it up to poor CZ quality and put it in my junk parts box. When I get a chance I will revisit the problem to see if I can get to work. Hope you have better results.

Try the mags from L3I, they're made from aluminum and they fit and work in the half dozen 457's in my group, better than polymer or the steels others have been trying...

Seems like the bolt guide is preventing the steel mag from seating all the way uo, no issue with polymer mag since the have the cut out in the front. I modified one steel and it worked.

BTW the problem is the Anarchy outdoors extended mag release, I didn’t read the fine print. It is not compatible with factory CZ metal mags….lol
I ordered the L3l mags
I will have some CZ factory metal mags for sale it seems they are like dinosaurs I had to source mine from outside the Country
The polymer ones will work too.
I am learning so much from trial and error.

BTW the problem is the Anarchy outdoors extended mag release, I didn’t read the fine print. It is not compatible with factory CZ metal mags….lol
I ordered the L3l mags
I will have some CZ factory metal mags for sale it seems they are like dinosaurs I had to source mine from outside the Country
The polymer ones will work too.
I am learning so much from trial and error.

You made a good choice with the L3i Mags. They work really well, look great, and the quality is phenomenal.

Appreciate you sharing about the metal magazine compatibility issue. That's really surprising as I have the same latch and it works fine on the factory 5 round magazine.

You made a good choice with the L3i Mags. They work really well, look great, and the quality is phenomenal.

Appreciate you sharing about the metal magazine compatibility issue. That's really surprising as I have the same latch and it works fine on the factory 5 round magazine.
I think that it may have to do with the curvature of the factory CZ 10-round mags and the heavy ribs on the front contacting the extended mag release. I ordered some of them from CZ also and had the same issue with them. Since I’m using them for comps, I didn’t want to give up the extended mag release. So they sit in a drawer somewhere.

Reactions: Mark_Dorman
Surprise to me too. it's that front notch that is on the polymer ones that is needed for it to work with Anarchy extended latch. I think the DPI extended latch works but can't get a hold of one.

The L3I mags look great with extended capacity but looks like I may not receive them in time before my match on the 21st so I may have to switch back to the factory latch or cut up another mag.

You can also order 15rd CZ factory mags now, but the only place I've seen them is from overseas, but the price really isn't bad even with shipping.

The only thing I'd say about the 15rd factory mags is while they've functioned perfectly, they are pretty long compared to say the 10rd factory with a 2-3 round extension, but I've had that combo not run reliably in the past either.

You can also order 15rd CZ factory mags now, but the only place I've seen them is from overseas, but the price really isn't bad even with shipping.

The only thing I'd say about the 15rd factory mags is while they've functioned perfectly, they are pretty long compared to say the 10rd factory with a 2-3 round extension, but I've had that combo not run reliably in the past either.
I’ve found that the trick with the Anarchy Outdoors mag extension is that it needs minor inside trimming and fitting on the inside at the transition. Once you do that, there should be no more feeding issues and they work fine.

Reactions: Cyberbug007
I have 5x 5-round poly and 2x 10-round poly and 1x 10-round metal mags - and ALL work fine in both my 455 and 457-VMTR. The 457 has the anarchy ext release, too.

The 10 rnd metal factory don’t work with Anarchy Extended release - this is listed on the Anarchy website as well. I tested the 10rnd oem metal with MDT extended mag release and not go. Its the same of the metal mags. The metal mads don’t seat and hit the bolt guide in the front.

The 10rnd oem polys I tested today all worked flawlessly so I’ll be fine.

I visited my FFL yesterday and he cleared a few things about NJ law - in short L3I 13rnd mags or extensions are no go but he is allowed to modify and cap them to 10rnd.

I have asked Leon @Thesepaperwings not to ship them but if they are already shipped then my FFL will modify them.

I bought another CZ457 Varmint MTR for Base factory class so the 10rnd factory ones will work fine in that.

SK Rifle Match below just for testing mags - does better with Lapua or Eley

20240414_104236.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: Azshooter1
I visited my FFL yesterday and he cleared a few things about NJ law - in short L3I 13rnd mags or extensions are no go but he is allowed to modify and cap them to 10rnd.

I have asked Leon @Thesepaperwings not to ship them but if they are already shipped then my FFL will modify them.

L3i also has them in 10 round capacity for regulated states. Not sure if you requested him to change the order to that or cancel but figured I'd mention it just in case.

Reactions: lash