• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

cz 457 Firing Pin

skyrep

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 20, 2018
Huntsville, AL
The Firing Pin for the CZ 457 (P/N: 5080066001) are on hand at CZ-USA. Just ordered two of them

New to the 457 - do these rifles go through these firing pins often? I've rarely if ever had to replace a 22lr firing pin. So just wondering.

Just got my 457, haven't had time to shoot yet.

I'm also wondering if a spare firing pin is something I should worry about? Probably do a thousand or so 22/year.

Found this. https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/cz-457-firing-pin-profiling.7003216/ and

So my question is - was 22lr designed to hit the inside of the rim, instead of the entire rim? I wouldn't mind trying this, but am curious who has done this or whether it makes a difference. The thought is that CZ's design was a compromise since it is used for 22wmr and 17hmr. but for 22lr the reprofiling should make it better?