• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CZ 457 MTR Stock

CANESFAN

One of Uncle Sam's Misguided Children
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2018
South MS
Got a new CZ 457 MTR a couple weeks ago and wanted to see what you guy that own one think of the stock? At first I thought that it was a little goofy feeling but after putting some time behind the trigger I think I am starting to like it.

Attachments

• CZ 457 MTR.jpeg
    CZ 457 MTR.jpeg
    63.9 KB · Views: 112
  • Grip.jpeg
    Grip.jpeg
    54.8 KB · Views: 124
I love mine. But i also own Anschutz stocks that are similar because i like them. My MTR has turned in some nice groups with R50 and Center-X. But falls down with grades like rifle match have a flyer that opens up the group. I have spent the last few weeks pillar bedding the stock. Just finished last night. But it is cold here in NC so i won’t be testing any improvement for a while. So i am going to refinish the stock. Not a fan of oil finishes.

My opinion is that this is a lot of rifle for the cost. It may give my 40x and Anschutz 54 a run for their money

David

Reactions: Merlin O
I really hated the stock when I first saw it. I thought it looked really funny. We picked one up anyways because of the rave reviews and I've come to really like it. The vertical grip feels really solid once we got used to it and positional shooting feels pretty natural with it. I still don't love the look of it from the side, but overall we're happy with it and plan on keeping it in the stock for a while. Eventually it'll get thrown in a Chassis or Manners (if we can find one), but for now I think it suits our needs and functions well.

Reactions: Merlin O
I had a chance to shoot one before I got mine so I knew what i was getting. The way my hand fits and thumb position was well thought out by CZ. I put a BT front pic rail for my bipod and and put a timney trigger and Lilja 22in barrel.

IMG_0320.jpg

I just recently bought a new Varmint MTR, have not even fired it yet and was thinking of going the chassis route with it but hated the thoughts of spending that much in what will be a fun plinking gun from the bench.

Then a few months ago saw a video on YT where Josh on his pursuit of Accuracy channel had a MTR where he had put an Arca rail and a Victor universal cheekrest on the factory stock and that sealed it for me that was the way to go for me.

I have all the parts just have not started on the work, Area 419 arca rail and scope base. DIP metal magwell, going to do the lighter trigger spring and Victor cheekrest and top it off with a Vortex Strike Eagle 6-24 optic and call it a day.

Hopefully will make a nice fun shooter without a really big investment in it.

I love mine. But i also own Anschutz stocks that are similar because i like them. My MTR has turned in some nice groups with R50 and Center-X. But falls down with grades like rifle match have a flyer that opens up the group. I have spent the last few weeks pillar bedding the stock. Just finished last night. But it is cold here in NC so i won’t be testing any improvement for a while. So i am going to refinish the stock. Not a fan of oil finishes.

My opinion is that this is a lot of rifle for the cost. It may give my 40x and Anschutz 54 a run for their money

David
I have pillar bedding on my list of things to do with this stock. I did notice that when torqueing to spec that the action screws seemed a little "mushy" while tightening. I don't really care for those plastic pillars that come stock. Any tips or tricks you would like to share?? lol

I know its a lot more then the spring kit but the Timney trigger is great.
I usually replace most all my triggers with Timny or Triggertech. Figured this one will be replaced soon. ;) (got one on order as I'm typing this)

I have pillar bedding on my list of things to do with this stock. I did notice that when torqueing to spec that the action screws seemed a little "mushy" while tightening. I don't really care for those plastic pillars that come stock. Any tips or tricks you would like to share?? lol

Initially i thought i was going to leave the plastic pillars but then i saw that the pillars were getting an image of the action. This meant they were not rigid enough and would give varying torque by relaxing. I went with pete’s pillars. Watch out on the rear pillar. I found that my inlet and pillar wasn’t really touching the action so it wasn’t doing any good. Bedding also fixes the rattling recoil lug but be sure to shim it a little on the rear side. I needed a .025 piece of brass and it was tight

David

Reactions: CANESFAN