• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CZ 457 MTR vs T1x vs CZ 457 tacticool or AT1

Majja

Private
Minuteman
Jan 8, 2018
Ok i am looking at getting i to NRL22 in The next few months. The rifles listed are the ones i am currently looking at. I have a slight fondness for the CZs as i have had a CZ 550 for many years and is a great shooter.

First question is: would the MTR with the tighter chamber be the better choice. The AT1 add in the ability to have an adjustable cheek piece and LOP. Bit i have never handeled one so i do not know how i will lime that stock. The t1 has some options and i would be able to add it to the KRG Bravo if i got hooked. Any info is desired. I really want the 60 degree bot through. Lastly i may consider a RPR 22 but are they even in the same class as the above rifles?

I thought I wanted a Ruger precision rimfire till I shot a buddies and wasn't particularly impressed (more the bolt manipulation and plastic chassis than accurcy).

I own a t1x I put in a krg bravo(modified) and love it.

While a CZ 457 is the new hot thing from CZ dont discount 452 or 455 rifles. I told a local dealer to order me a 455 American last week when he checked and said the distributor had a discount on them.

Since 457's use the same barrels as 455's I wouldn't get to worried about which 457 has the best barrel, any might be ok and all are relatively easy to replace....

Or look in the classifieds, there have been some decent deals on cz's as guys trade towards a vudoo etc lately, vudoo's presence has also softened the 40x /sako quad market.

Any way you slice it is a great time to be a rimfire guy

I think the 457 is a great choice because of the adjustable trigger, better looking finish on the metal then the previous 455, 60 degree bolt and it has a gorgeous stock IMO. Like stated before, the 455's and 452's are some great shooting rifles that can be very accurate. They do share the same barrels, thought I'm not sure if the MTR barrel is any different then the 455's.

I have shot the Ruger precision and I'd take my CZ's over it. I have no experience with the T1.

Ok i am looking at getting i to NRL22 in The next few months. The rifles listed are the ones i am currently looking at. I have a slight fondness for the CZs as i have had a CZ 550 for many years and is a great shooter.

First question is: would the MTR with the tighter chamber be the better choice. The AT1 add in the ability to have an adjustable cheek piece and LOP. Bit i have never handeled one so i do not know how i will lime that stock. The t1 has some options and i would be able to add it to the KRG Bravo if i got hooked. Any info is desired. I really want the 60 degree bot through. Lastly i may consider a RPR 22 but are they even in the same class as the above rifles?

I have 2 455 Varmint and a T1X, all shoot great. I like the 457 MTR and the Varmint Prec. Trainer. Good luck.

Mark

I guess this is some real nice first world problems to have. For those of you in the know. Are there advantage to the 457 with the manners stock if i dont own any other PRS style guns?