• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cz 457 precision trainer

Beaver962000

Adam
Supporter
Minuteman
May 15, 2018
Missouri
So I’m considering buying a cz 457 precision trainer with manners stock. I plan on replacing the barrel with a proof carbon fiber. The rifle alone can be had for around $1000.

i seen today that cz is releasing a precision trainer mtr with match chamber for around $1280 street price. I would also replace that barrel with the proof

My question is—- do I fork out the extra for the mtr because of the match chamber or will that not matter because I intend on replacing the barrel anyway?

sorry for the noob question. I’m still new to this. Thanks!

280 for a barrel you might change is too much. I do not know how much resale value it has, but not worth it

id try and find a used 457 precision trainer since you plan to replace the barrel anyways

absolutely zero reason to spend more than you have to if you're gonna get a new barrel anyways

Reactions: Kenmc
I shoot a cz455 that has its factory threaded 16" barrel as my trainer (swfa 10x ss glass). You're obviously going to get better performance out of a proof. I'm just here to remind you to buy and shoot high quality rimfire ammo. I'm able to squeeze out 1-2" groups 100 yards with my factory barrel and plinker ammo. With CCI 40gr subsonics, I can do 0.8-1" at 100 yards with the same factory barrel. I bet I could make better groups with a better barrel, scope, trigger, and ammo, but I also feel I'm getting my reps and training in at the cost of lower resolution data.