• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CZ 457 recoil lug in a MDT XRS chassis - is this needed?

markt073

Private
Minuteman
Jun 2, 2020
I have a CZ 457 MTR that came mounted in the MDT XRS chassis. The XRS chassis has a little socket for the recoil lug but I found the lug in a little bag in the box.

Is the lug necessary when using a chassis? Is there any benefit, or downside, to using it?

Has anyone else seen any difference either way with a similar setup?

MDT XRS Recoil Lug Slot.JPG

I kept mine in the bag.....I never had in issue without it. 25" lbs to the stock and you're set.

I kept mine in the bag.....I never had in issue without it. 25" lbs to the stock and you're set.
I ran it for my last range session and was happy with the accuracy. Last night, I removed it and torqued to 25 in/lb. So, we'll see if there's any real difference.

It's hard to imagine it really does anything as it has a fair amount of fore-aft play in the chassis socket where it sits. Also, the groove in the receiver also isn't tight. This suggests to me that maybe its job is really to vertically locate the receiver in a stock and restrict movement in that direction rather than fore-aft.