• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CZ 457 Trigger Adjustment

gilream

Private
Minuteman
Nov 16, 2011
I shot my new 457 Pro Varmint for the first time today. The trigger has a very crisp break but is a bit too heavy for my liking. My Timney pull gauge reads right at 3 Lb. of pull. Have not been able to find much information other than an official CZ trigger adjust video on Youtube and I'd like to hear some views from experienced shooters with CZ rifles before attempting to work on it. First of all, how low will the factory trigger go? Second, what are the sequence of adjustments to be made? Thanks for any comments or advice.

Gilream,

I was in the same boat as you regarding 457 trigger adjustment. I don't have a pull gauge, but I'd guess my 457 Varmint trigger was 3 lbs and crisp just like yours. I thought it was great, but once I got to the bench, knew it needed to be lighter. So I studied the CZ video many times and took a stab at it. It's not rocket science, but if you don't feel comfortable messing with the trigger, don't.

Here's my sequence/process, ymmv:

First and foremost make sure the magazine is out and the rifle is unloaded.

I adjusted pull weight first. Loosen the 7mm nut. Turn screw about 1/4 turn counter clockwise, hand snug nut, cycle bolt, pull trigger to check pull weight, cycle bolt, rap receiver with rubber mallet (or however you do drop tests), make sure safety works, pull trigger. Repeat these checks multiple times.

I did this process several times until I found the weight I wanted. I did not experience any slam fires, but was nervous every time I turned the screw that I went too far. Of course, if you have a desired weight, you have the pull gauge and can go until you reach it, unless you have a slam fire.

Tighten the 7mm nut, put the BA back in the stock and snug action screws. Do all the safety checks again multiple times.

Now check pull weight with rifle put together as the feel is different (at least to me). It took me about 3 or 4 times going through all the above procedures before I was satisfied. Again, I don't have a pull gauge, but it is light enough for my liking right now. Torque the action screws.

I noticed I now had a little pre-travel/creep before I hit the wall. Good thing is, this screw is in the trigger so you can adjust it with the BA in the stock. This screw is a little tighter so you will feel some resistance. I turned the screw clockwise about 1/4 turn. Do your safety checks multiple times. Repeat if necessary.

I didn't have any over travel, at least none that I noticed, so I didn't adjust.

If you want the weight lower than the factory trigger is capable, you could also install a YoDave trigger spring. Some on here and RFC say they are at or below 1 lb with this option.

Reactions: JBattles

Everything you need to know right here