• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CZ 457 Value?

stello1001

Professional Newb
Minuteman
  • Feb 20, 2017
    Corpus Christi TX
    Hello all,

I've gotten a sudden itch for a rimfire rifle. At the moment, I truly can't enjoy my centerfire rifles because I have no where to shoot far enough. What can I expect to pay for, on a 457? I'm probably not gonna buy anything right now, (unless a find a super sweet deal) but I'm starting to research already for maybe a month or two down the road. It looks like they go anywhere from $450-ish to maybe $800 depending on specific model.

I was looking at threaded models with barrel length from 16" to 20" and not really the longer one at 24".

I figured the rimfire section guys would know more about this. I know mostly everything has gone up in price and pre-china virus prices are hard to come by. That said, I'm not going to buy something if it's price-gouged really bad, I rather just hold off.

Thanks...

The low end for a 16” threaded barrel is the 457 Pro Varmint at $550-$600. The high end would be the 457 VPT MTR at $1100-$1200. There are a couple models with that barrel in between.
    7B3321B2-9A02-44E7-8E33-A48054086B5D.jpeg

I recently picked up a used MTR at my local gun shop. It’s pristine and was $550 bucks. I wanted a threaded barrel as well but people seem to complain about cz barrels a lot of the time so I picked this up planning to replace it with a lilja, IBI or a LW

Attachments

• A1AA82F1-796B-429A-9DD1-EE8891192366.jpeg
      A1AA82F1-796B-429A-9DD1-EE8891192366.jpeg
      202.1 KB · Views: 68
    I recently picked up a used MTR at my local gun shop. It’s pristine and was $550 bucks. I wanted a threaded barrel as well but people seem to complain about cz barrels a lot of the time so I picked this up planning to replace it with a lilja, IBI or a LW
    Shoot it first. Test for accuracy with different ammos. It’s a lottery with CZ barrels. You may have a hummer which an aftermarket barrel wouldn’t improve upon, maybe not. I know a girl that shoots ARA factory class with one who does very well.

Shoot it first. Test for accuracy with different ammos. It’s a lottery with CZ barrels. You may have a hummer which an aftermarket barrel wouldn’t improve upon, maybe not. I know a girl that shoots ARA factory class with one who does very well.
    Want a threaded barrel, can’t get a threaded, match chamber barrel unless you go with the precision trainer mtr or aftermarket

I picked up a CZ457 AT-ONE 16.5 inch thread barrel for 575.00 during a pre-black Friday sale, cheapest I saw in my area was MSRP if you could find one.

I picked up my ProVarmint for $520 shipped/FFL and apparently I received one of the hummers. I never even made it to trying premium rimfire ammo b/c it shoots run of the mill Federal Champion Training ammo so insanely well. Just put it in a Bravo and thrilled with it. Knowing what I know now I'd probably pay $800 for this rifle if someone showed me how well it shoots and what kind of ammo it can do it with....

They are a hoot to shoot, especially with reactive steel. Being able to spot splash and having to pay attention to the wind make it a learning experience.

One thing that an old shooting buddy told me, and I think it is true in spades for accruate 22lrs, get into local competitions. And I think 'competitions' are a harsh word for a bunch of people getting together to BS and help each other out and shoot some targets. It really gives you something to do with the gun at least once a month. The CZ457 in a free-floated barrel version is more than enough for local matches.

Do a match, and with warm up, spend $30-$40 on ammo....