• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CZ "513 Basic" Owners?

Dylan in AZ

Shooting Addict
Minuteman
Dec 24, 2010
Arizona
I've never paid this rifle any attention and noticed in its description today that CZ says it's pretty much just a 452 minus the nice stock and adjustable trigger. It's also much lower cost than the typical 452, obviously depending on the model compared to. For the budget minded buyer, this might be a very good alternative to their 452 marked line.

Here's a link to CZ's page for this rifle.

My searches returned not much more than absolutly nothing on this rifle. Does anybody own one of these? To whomever does, please post up a range report or even just an overall rating for the gun. I'd really like to know if this is a reasonable rifle for the money and if I'd be giving up much by going with it over something else. FWIW, I couldn't care less about the stock, it's the trigger i'm concerned for. As well as the bedding layout; specifically if it is the same as the 452.

I've sent CZ-USA an e-mail with all of my questions/concerns and, once replied to, I will post the Q&A here for all to benefit from. Until then, thanks for reading
smile.gif

-Dylan

Re: CZ "513 Basic" Owners?

i was thinking on the same lines, although CZ says it's non adjustable trigger, we know we can do the ball point pen spring thing, or just get a replacement trigger for it.

of course a tactcool stock and DIP base makes it a value. DIP also makes an adjustable sear for it, and rifle basix make a trigger for it.

seems to be the affordable CZ that you can modify as you go with a little of this and a little of that every birthday, christmas, anniversary, etc.

Exactly, which is what made it so appealing to me IF it uses the same aftermarket parts. Like the trigger kits, stocks, and scope bases. I'm unsure if it does for certain, but as soon as my e-mail get's returned we will know for sure
smile.gif
I'm excited, very excited!

I haven't heard of anyone shooting one, although I'm sure that there are more than just a few out there.

For the price, it's only $1 more than the smaller Scout. Bonus to the Scout over the 513 is the barrel, where the 513 doesn't have the hammer forged barrel like the rest of the 452 line. I wonder how much this would affect the consistancy of the rifles accuracy?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Situation Normal</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I haven't heard of anyone shooting one, although I'm sure that there are more than just a few out there.

For the price, it's only $1 more than the smaller Scout. Bonus to the Scout over the 513 is the barrel, where the 513 doesn't have the hammer forged barrel like the rest of the 452 line. I wonder how much this would affect the consistancy of the rifles accuracy?</div></div>
The 513 and 452 Varmint are both listed as "cold hammer forged" while the scout is just "hammer forged" if that makes any difference, I don't know. The other plus to the 513 over the scout is the longer barrel (and for stock minded people, the scout has a youth size while the 513 has a standard LOP), although they both appear to have the same set of irons.

Well, I'm officially calling this attempt at getting an answer from CZ a complete failure. And I still can't find crap on this rifle. I'm so close to posting a thread over on RFC....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RoosterShooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where I'm looking, it appears that the trigger IS adjustable on these rifles.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/36_63_972/products_id/11852 </div></div>Funny, in the description it says "simple non adjustable trigger" yet in the specs it claims the trigger to be "adjustable"

I wonder which it truly is...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TOP PREDATOR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">try here too (they have a seperate CZ section):

http://www.rimfireshooting.com/

good information there without the attitude of RFC. </div></div>Just registered to become a member
wink.gif
Thanks for the link!

From CZ's website, these are user manuals...

Page 14 on the following link shows the parts diagram for the 513. You'll notice that these is no trigger spring listed. Missing from the manual are the instructions on how to adjust this trigger.

http://www.czub.cz/zbrojovka/cz-manual/Instruction-Manual-CZ-513-Farmer.pdf

Nice bunch of people over on RFS. You'll notice that a bunch of them over there are veteran posters from here.

This next link is for the 452/453 series. Page 18 has the parts listing diagram. For the 452's the adjustable trigger parts are items 31, 32, 33, and 34. You'll notice looking back at the 513 user manual that these parts are all missing.

http://www.czub.cz/zbrojovka/cz-manual/Instruction-Manual-CZ-452-CZ-453.pdf

Heck, for that price I wouldn't care if the trigger was adjustable or not! I can buy it, and wait for the trigger adjustment parts to come out.

I want one!