• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing CZ 527 Barrel/Receiver thread drawing wanted

MrSmith

Private
Minuteman
Nov 19, 2009
4<
Can anyone point me to where I can find this information?

Thank you,
MrSmith

Can anyone point me to where I can find this information?

Thank you,
MrSmith

I can guarantee you two things.
  1. CZ USA will be the only place in the country with copies
  2. CZ UB (the mothership in the Czech Republic) will not authorize its release to the public

I'm not going to model and make a print of it.. mostly because I don't want to rip my barrels out of the receivers, but I'll offer some insight.

There's an internal collar inside the receiver that the barrel shoulders on. Because of where that collar is, you have to have a shallow stepped cone on the breech face (easy enough to measure the take-off and copy it). If you try to flat breech it, you'll interfere with the bolt nose/extractor. The barrel OD in front of the receiver is the thread major diameter, and I believe it's 25x1.25 metric threads. There is no shoulder/engagement on the front of the receiver, the barrel just slips in and the threads stop before they show in front of the face of the receiver.