• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CZ Gun Store

tacotim

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
May 7, 2019
Churchville, Maryland
I've been looking for one of the CZ mini mausers for awhile and came across "CZ Gun Store" near top of my searches. This is a professionally done website with good pictures, search, accounts, shopping cart, ffl entry field, etc. STill this has the markings of a scam. All of the CZ products appear to be in stock or at least available for purchase and free shipping. Somehow the product descriptions do not seem quite right, just from the way they read. On checkout, the flags get raised more as the only payment options are zelle and a discount for bitcoin (!!!). Probably most buyers will bail at that stage. Looks like the domain was registered 5 months ago. The striking part is how good the site looks and works especially if you're just clicking through things.

czgunstore.com - Nice looking website but I'm always suspicious of sites that don't have a description of who they are, address, etc. Danger Will Robinson!

Reactions: Anon_tree
yes good point, there is no physical location. Just some email and chat stuff under a contact tab. i cant imagine this is a legit site. The scammers are getting better though. they will get some customers from this one.

There's also czgunshop.com which looks similar. Probably a lot of other sites too for other makers. Looks like they snag a product list/pics/etc from legit place and just populate their website w/ the info.

Lot's of more sophisticated scam sites these days. A few weeks ago I stumbled across the big Hornady ultrasonic cleaner for $99 and free ship. Expected it was a scam but they took paypal so figured I had at least a little chance of getting $ back if needed. No order confirmation, shipping info, etc after ordering so filed PP dispute. They waited until last day before saying it had been shipped and a couple days later supplied a UPS tracking # that showed it as delivered - which of course it wasn't. Yeah, that's right, they're now generating fake tracking #s that somehow spoof UPS system (and maybe other shippers too). PP must be on to it though because a few days later I received notice that the dispute was settled in my favor and a couple days after that I got my $ back.

thanks thats interesting about the tracking numbers and PP. i was not aware there were so many of these sites now. czgunshop.com looks like a duplicate scam of czgunstore.com,,, except they will only give you 10% off for bitcoin :LOL:

Scam. It’s been discussed on other forums as well. Run away

I realize this is more than a few months old... but when they wanted me to pay by ..... Drum roll.....ZELLEPAY! and in the description it states to ONLY USE THIS TO PAY your DAD, MOM, BEST FRIEND, SIsters Kids ect..... NOT WHO YOU DO NOT KNOW ON THE INTERNET!....... FUCKING SCAMMERS>>>

Zelle® is a fast, safe and easy way to send money to friends and family. It’s similar to cash. So you want to make sure you use it to pay only people you know and trust, like your roommate, your dad or your babysitter. Not people you don't know, like that stranger on the internet selling suspiciously inexpensive puppies ( or some CZ RIFLES ??) from a place you've never heard of. Look for Zelle® in your banking app, and pay it safe out there.

I've been looking for one of the CZ mini mausers for awhile and came across "CZ Gun Store" near top of my searches. This is a professionally done website with good pictures, search, accounts, shopping cart, ffl entry field, etc. STill this has the markings of a scam. All of the CZ products appear to be in stock or at least available for purchase and free shipping. Somehow the product descriptions do not seem quite right, just from the way they read. On checkout, the flags get raised more as the only payment options are zelle and a discount for bitcoin (!!!). Probably most buyers will bail at that stage. Looks like the domain was registered 5 months ago. The striking part is how good the site looks and works especially if you're just clicking through things.
Czgunstore.com is a scam. Took my money. Never gave a shipping date and refused to refund when I realized it was fishy. Don't get suckered.