• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CZ MTR Balance

RickFox

Private
Minuteman
Aug 12, 2020
I’m just getting into PRS and looking to use my CZ MTR with walnut stock as a trainer. It is extremely butt heavy and I can’t figure out a way to balance it without replacing the barrel or stock, defeating the purpose of having the MTR.

I’ve looked at the Area 419 tunable rail, but it isn’t heavy enough. I need 3 - 4 lbs at the muzzle to balance it enough that it will rest on an AG Schmedium unassisted.

Has anyone figured out a way to make this work? Or am I trying to make something fit a purpose it’s not suited for? Am I over thinking it?

Thanks!

Attachments

• 2D1E11CF-3488-40BC-8BCE-26816E092FCA.jpeg
    2D1E11CF-3488-40BC-8BCE-26816E092FCA.jpeg
    752.4 KB · Views: 55
Drop the BA in a KRG Bravo? that will reduce the weight at the butt and be much better for tactical matches

Thank you! Da Shaft is a cleaner execution of something I had sketched out.

Thank you! Da Shaft is a cleaner execution of something I had sketched out.
Good dudes there. You maybe could email and ask when they will be back in stock. I have the 4.5 pound one.

Reactions: RickFox