• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns CZ P10C Mag Issue

PBWalsh

Preston Walsh Fitness
Minuteman
Feb 10, 2017
Central AL
Hi,

My CZ P10C is having some feeding issues with factory (MecGar) 21 round mags. It happens here and there with most of my 21 rounders, specifically mag #7. The nose of the round is getting stuck on the feedramp. @308pirate

F19E7C32-E1F7-4C2F-9085-9777F36401DA.jpeg

00AEB53A-F4CD-4C35-B813-199DB1AFAD03.jpeg

80D48826-5855-4472-9871-29142710F6D0.jpeg

Anyone have a clue as to what is going on? My 15 round mags run flawlessly.

Thanks,
PBWalsh

Hi,

My CZ P10C is having some feeding issues with factory (MecGar) 21 round mags. It happens here and there with most of my 21 rounders, specifically mag #7. The nose of the round is getting stuck on the feedramp. @308pirate

View attachment 7647191
View attachment 7647192
View attachment 7647193

Anyone have a clue as to what is going on? My 15 round mags run flawlessly.

Thanks,
PBWalsh

Questions
  • Does it happens with all 21 rnd mags or just #7?
  • How do the long mags work with the standard flat baseplate? You can take them off your 15 rounders and swap.
  • If you put the +2 baseplate on the 15 rounders, does the problem follow?
Check all that out, take good notes, and let's talk again.

Haven‘t switched baseplates, need to to solve that question, next range session scheduled for the 26th.

I’ve tried replicating it by manually racking the slide with a full mag and it will not replicate. Only live fire will do it.

Its with all 21 rounders. #7 is especially known to be problematic.

Questions
  • Does it happens with all 21 rnd mags or just #7?
  • How do the long mags work with the standard flat baseplate? You can take them off your 15 rounders and swap.
  • If you put the +2 baseplate on the 15 rounders, does the problem follow?
Check all that out, take good notes, and let's talk again.

Ok, I swapped some of the baseplates around like you suggested, making one 17 round mag and two 19 round mags (#7 and #8). All three mags ran flawlessly. No jams, hiccups, nothing. Just boring perfection.

Granted, only about 100 rounds today, but issues would have manifested by then based on previous experience with the mags.

Thoughts?

Ok, I swapped some of the baseplates around like you suggested, making one 17 round mag and two 19 round mags (#7 and #8). All three mags ran flawlessly. No jams, hiccups, nothing. Just boring perfection.

Granted, only about 100 rounds today, but issues would have manifested by then based on previous experience with the mags.

Thoughts?
Id' try one aftermarket extended baseplate on your 19 rounders. If they run with that, they don't like the plastic +2. If they don't run either, try replacing the follower springs.

Yeah I’m thinking its somehow a spring issue, and if was consistent, I’d replace them asap. But I can have 3 jams in a single 21 round mag.

Bang, bang, bang, jam, clear malfunction…
bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, jam, clear malfunction…
etc.

I may try other baseplates. The reason I haven’t is based on our previous conversation about the aftermarket plates not locking back reliably. I’d rather have a reliable 17/19 rounds than an iffy 21+ rounds.

Yeah I’m thinking its somehow a spring issue, and if was consistent, I’d replace them asap. But I can have 3 jams in a single 21 round mag.

Bang, bang, bang, jam, clear malfunction…
bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, jam, clear malfunction…
etc.

I may try other baseplates. The reason I haven’t is based on our previous conversation about the aftermarket plates not locking back reliably. I’d rather have a reliable 17/19 rounds than an iffy 21+ rounds.

Springs are cheap. CZ Custom sells P-09 magazine follower springs in 6-packs. They are the same as what the P-10f magazines use.

Just because the problem appears inconsistently doesn't mean a spring change won't fix it.

Magazines are stamped sheetmetal. They sometimes behave oddly for no reason that one can find.

Reactions: PBWalsh
How does the gun behave with no flashlight and the +2 baseplates? Could be the extra mass taking away too much recoil energy to work with the (effectively-lightened) mag spring. May have to go with a lighter recoil spring to be reliable.

If you do decide to venture on to other baseplates, I run 3 Hyve +3 baseplates on my 15rounders and they've all been flawless for me.

@PBWalsh I've been using Henning baseplates for USPSA since the beginning of 2020. The get dropped on gravel, rough concrete and smooth concrete on a regular basis. They're full of dings and dents and still work like a charm.

I get 22 rounds in there by trimming the follower legs per Henning's instructions.

How does the gun behave with no flashlight and the +2 baseplates? Could be the extra mass taking away too much recoil energy to work with the (effectively-lightened) mag spring. May have to go with a lighter recoil spring to be reliable.
No I haven’t tried. This gun should work 100% from the factory with a WML. Anything else (due to light) would be unacceptable. I’ve not even fired one round without the WML.

Not saying you’re wrong, but that is just how I see these pistols.

Change the springs in the MecGars. You may even be able to contact them and see if they’ll swap the springs.