• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns CZ P10C......what are my RMR options?

holy cow

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Apr 22, 2010
    South East Ohio
    I have been shooting pistols and revolvers for over 40 years with iron sites. Recently purchased a new CZ P10C with optic plate and another CZ P10C that was new on consignment at a place that I frequently visit that has a FDE grip frame, night sites and a really nice after market trigger but is not set up to use a RMR. I switched slides and put the 1 set up for a RMR on the FDE frame and aftermarket trigger. Now I am ready to jump in for the first time and try out a RMR optic on a pistol. Need to know what RMR options I have to use on this pistol and where I would get a quality made plate to mount it. My thoughts right now are leaning towards a Delta Point or which ever model Holosun would best fit the gun but not sure what is available and doable for this pistol. Need some advise from you guys that runs these and steer me in the direction I need to go.

Thanks,
    Dan

I personally like the Trijicon SRO.

Everyone's eyes are different. The DPP (unless it's 6 MOA) goes crazy on me due to my astigmatism. The Holosuns are good for their price. Best to look through all of them before buying.

I’m running an acro p2 on mine and love it.

I will have to check it out, I an not familiar with it. It is starting to sound like their are many options. Is their a company that sells the mounting plates for the different RMR optics?

I will have to check it out, I an not familiar with it. It is starting to sound like their are many options. Is their a company that sells the mounting plates for the different RMR optics?
    CZ should sell the plates directly. Or maybe even CZ Custom has steel plates (not affiliated with CZ).

Are you specifically wanting a RMR optic or RMR footprint? Totally different things.

Because an ACRO P2 will not fit iirc. Additionally, a P2 is extremely hard to find right now.

I will have to check it out, I a not familiar with it. It is starting to sound like their are many options. Is their a company that sells the mounting plates for the different RMR optics?
    I have a factory cut CZ slide, so I bought my plate directly from aimpoint. Primary machine makes good stuff for CZs. What slide do you have?

CZ should sell the plates directly. Or maybe even CZ Custom has steel plates (not affiliated with CZ).

Are you specifically wanting a RMR optic or RMR footprint? Totally different things.

Because an ACRO P2 will not fit iirc. Additionally, a P2 is extremely hard to find right now.

I am not sure what the difference is between the RMR optic and RMR footprint? Just looking to remove the plate from the slide and mount something like a Holosun, Aimpoint SRO or a Delta Point to it and go from their. Just getting into it and think I am going to really like it. I am sure I will mount others to try out to some other pistols I will be buying soon. I think it will be hard to judge any of them as far as preference to 1 or another until I have used different RMR optics on them and have spent some time shooting them.

How much do you want to spend? The gold standard for durability is the $450-500 Trijicon RMR, but the field of view sucks because it's small and blue/green tinted. If you're only looking at optics that share the RMR footprint, the Holosun lineup has proven to be pretty decent for $350ish. I like the 508T. The glass is clear, it's durable, and I can change the battery without taking it off the slide. If you want to spend around $200 then try the Swampfox line (I haven't used these)

Disclaimer: I have pistols with the RMR, 508T, 507K, and Sig Romeo 1 Pro

I am not sure what the difference is between the RMR optic and RMR footprint? Just looking to remove the plate from the slide and mount something like a Holosun, Aimpoint SRO or a Delta Point to it and go from their. Just getting into it and think I am going to really like it. I am sure I will mount others to try out to some other pistols I will be buying soon. I think it will be hard to judge any of them as far as preference to 1 or another until I have used different RMR optics on them and have spent some time shooting them.
    RMR optics are an actual line of product that Trijicon sells.

RMR footprint is an industry standard (kinda) that allows different manufacturers to develop optics that can fit certain things.

Aimpoints, Leupold, Holosun, Sig, etc. may or may not share certain footprints, and thus, may not be compatible with your mounting system.

You have to be very careful choosing an optic as it may not even fit your gun or optic plate.

RMR optics are an actual line of product that Trijicon sells.

RMR footprint is an industry standard (kinda) that allows different manufacturers to develop optics that can fit certain things.
    What he said..plus:

CZ, ANR Design, CZC, and I think CHPWS all make plates for the factory P10 cuts. The slide is cut for an optic plate, not an optic. You need a plate that fits the optic you choose and is also made for your gun. The above mentioned companies make plates for your gun that are fit for different optics.

The RMR footprint fits both Trijicon RMR and SRO, as well as a few of the Holosun optics like the 507 and 508 series. So if you wanted to mount any of those 3 options onto your slide, you would need a plate designed for the RMR footprint.

If you wanted to use a Leupold DPP, you would get a plate for that instead, and so on and so on with any optic you choose.

You would then properly mount the plate to your slide, then properly mount the optic to your plate, on your slide.

Hope that helps. The CZ factory plate system is a good system.

Thanks a bunch for your input fellas. I am going to go with the RMR footprint and get a Holosun 507 or 508 to try out. I will be buying a FN 509T soon the next time I visit a local place I buy most of my guns from. I want to put a SRO on it. I would like to get behind and shoot a few different optics to see if I prefer something over another. They offer the Holosun in red and green. I have used some red dot optics before but never the green. What color do most run? Is their any advantage over running a green dot over the red?

Thanks a bunch for your input fellas. I am going to go with the RMR footprint and get a Holosun 507 or 508 to try out. I will be buying a FN 509T soon the next time I visit a local place I buy most of my guns from. I want to put a SRO on it. I would like to get behind and shoot a few different optics to see if I prefer something over another. They offer the Holosun in red and green. I have used some red dot optics before but never the green. What color do most run? Is their any advantage over running a green dot over the red?
    Some will say green is easier to pick up due to the way the human eye distinguishes colors. I have tons and tons of RDS systems in red and green. I personally like green.

I have shot with people who have green optics and they swear it's better for their astigmatism but I can't tell a difference. With my astigmatism, it all looks like a jellybean unless I dial the intensity way down. The only optics that don't starburst a little on me are those with etched reticles. I keep all my pistol optics red....cuz all my rifle optics are red...cuz my brain seems to have no problem picking up red. Experiment and see which you prefer.

I used RMR
    20200813_185539.jpg

Reactions: Milf Dots
    I’m not a fan of plate mounted optics. Yeah, I get the interchangeability to switch to a different optic footprint down the road, or even be able to convert the gun back to iron sights only, and plenty of people have run thousands of rounds on their plate-mounted optic, but I prefer direct mill where the slide is milled for the optic and you get to choose if you want the rear sight in front of the optic or behind.

I’m not a fan of plate mounted optics. Yeah, I get the interchangeability to switch to a different optic footprint down the road, or even be able to convert the gun back to iron sights only, and plenty of people have run thousands of rounds on their plate-mounted optic, but I prefer direct mill where the slide is milled for the optic and you get to choose if you want the rear sight in front of the optic or behind.

I Do as well, but lumping all plate systems into one isn’t really correct either.

Some systems are noticeably stronger built than others.

No matter how you mount it though, I’d say the biggest factor in longevity is using quality screws, a dab of loctite, and proper torque. The factory supplied screws seem to be a weak point, along with improper installation.

I’m running an acro p2 on mine and love it.
    This is the way. A few weeks ago I ran mine finally in a 40 hour basic handgun course at Gunsite (Vet 250). Host gun is a G45 MOS, FCD ACRO plate, and 1,050+ rounds fired. Flawless and super easy to use even when doing timed hammer pairs.

Reactions: Milf Dots
    I'm not a fan of direct mounted at all, having the slide already cut by the factory means I get to shoot it right now and not send off for hopefully a happy ending several or just a few months later and not FUBAR'ed like some of the threads on this subject using a Google search. And on top of that paying for the refinish is not included with the actual mill price, meanwhile it's not even a concern for the optics ready. Honestly where a rear sight is placed is negligible to me because I either forego the irons completely or get a lower 1/3.

And on top of all that I am not stuck with that footprint for the rest of that's pistol's life if continued to be owned by me. And after being exposed to red dots on handguns, I honestly will not be buying another handgun unless they come optics ready, from 1911's to Glocks.

I'm not a fan of direct mounted at all, having the slide already cut by the factory means I get to shoot it right now and not send off for hopefully a happy ending several or just a few months later and not FUBAR'ed like some of the threads on this subject using a Google search. And on top of that paying for the refinish is not included with the actual mill price, meanwhile it's not even a concern for the optics ready. Honestly where a rear sight is placed is negligible to me because I either forego the irons completely or get a lower 1/3.

And on top of all that I am not stuck with that footprint for the rest of that's pistol's life if continued to be owned by me. And after being exposed to red dots on handguns, I honestly will not be buying another handgun unless they come optics ready, from 1911's to Glocks.

Except there are many highly reputable companies that specialize in milling optics and some of them absolutely come with the refinish. Primary Machine did my S2 direct mill plus whole slide refinish for the same base price.

If you plan on switching a bunch of optics I get it, but RMR footprint allows for 4+ different optics so not really an issue to me on most of my guns. My turn around time was 4 weeks when I milled mine.

The Aimpoint Acro P2 is the gold standard for "pistol sized", enclosed emitter optics. Aimpoint optics are made in Sweden.

Trijicon (made in America) recently announced a new enclosed emitter, "pistol sized" optic called the RCR.

Sig Sauer Optics has some new pistol models coming that will be "assembled in the U.S.A."

Pistol optics or Red Dots are all user preference, there are numerous options and different foot prints or mounting option.... RMR foot print is probably the most common, but you have to try to look through different optics and see what you like as well as dot size and reticle options depend on intended use of said pistol. I personally started with an RMR type 1 when they first came out and still have it on one of my guns, but having said that, I own and shoot with variety of optics depending on the gun and use....
    Aimpoint ACRO P2 is the gold standard? Who set the standard? What are the parameters of that standard? In my opinion and that is just my opinion HS 509T x2 is a better optic aside from weird mounting. Of course comparing them side to side since I own both... To my eyes the HS is better plus the circle dot reticle is more intuitive, blah blah blah. Obviously, it's my opinion, although I still would like to see the parameters of this said Gold Standard.... and as far as I'm aware the Trijicon RMR is the standard for duty type optic aside from a few shortcomings.... but durable, reliable and just works.... nothing against Aimpoint but calling it a standard is a stretch to say the least.

Reviving this thread for a question. I have a P10c with the factory optics cut, and I'd like to mount an RMR on it. It seems plates to mount an RMR are unfindable. Any other places to look? CZ parts.com seems a little bit sketch, but they're the only place I can find them. I went on the waitlist everywhere (CZ, CZC, Midway, ANR).

Reactions: owtlaw
    Reviving this thread for a question. I have a P10c with the factory optics cut, and I'd like to mount an RMR on it. It seems plates to mount an RMR are unfindable. Any other places to look? CZ parts.com seems a little bit sketch, but they're the only place I can find them. I went on the waitlist everywhere (CZ, CZC, Midway, ANR).
    Is the P10 and P10C is the same cut? If yes: https://benstoegerproshop.com/czc-c...eady-mounting-plate-rmr-holosun-by-cz-custom/
    Few more options if you go up a page but some are out-of-stock.

Reactions: wpeach1912

Shadow 2 Optic Ready plates fit on P-10 Optic Ready slides and vice versa.