• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns CZ Shadow 2 Optics Ready

I don’t have the optics ready version, but I have a stock shadow 2. I also have a sp-01 that was done up by Cajun. I prefer that over a stock s2, but a Cajun or czc s2 is the best da/sa pistol I’ve ever shot.

Reactions: Wyzrd and yakstone
I don’t have the optics ready version, but I have a stock shadow 2. I also have a sp-01 that was done up by Cajun. I prefer that over a stock s2, but a Cajun or czc s2 is the best da/sa pistol I’ve ever shot.
I have a SP01 with Cajun parts. It's been great for USPSA Production. But I want to move on to Carry Optics. Never liked the Shadow2 stock trigger or heavier weight. And the slide shape was hard for me to rack. I was wondering how the OR version compares. I hear the slide is a slightly different shape. And then one can always brace on the optic to rack it. I'd probably want to do a trigger job on it too.

Right now, I know they are hard to find. CZC isn't listing their 'upgraded' model on their website...at least not tonight.

My 2 cents might only be worth a single penny because I’ve only been shooting handguns for a year and I do not compete, just shoot for fun.

I picked up a shadow 2 used with a slide cut for carry optics by primary machine. I actually just picked up a second uncut complete upper for it as well. The optics cut by primary machine lightens the slide considerably. I haven’t weighed it, but I believe it is lighter than the stock upper (and that is with a romeo 1 pro mounted). It has stock internals, but man do I love that gun. For my rookie purposes, the using the optic has been completely reliable, faster and more precise than the stock slide. I’ve got about 4000 rounds through it.

Send it to CGW. They did a direct slide mount for me and it sits extremely low; low enough to retain the factory front sight. Presentation is more natural than my previous Glock MOS.

Will be my duty gun once a holster gets here. Just doing range and EDC work right now with it. Only about a hundred or so with the optic, but about 2-2.5k total. Definitely my favorite pistol I’ve ever shot. SA at 2.75#, smooth DA.

All factory internals (CGW floating trigger pin, doesn’t affect pull weight though). I’d recommend putting 1k through your new S2 before deciding to send it off to CGW or CZC.

71B442B4-2FAD-4D1B-BB60-77024CE161C8.jpeg

Reactions: Wyzrd
I’m getting older and my eyes aren’t as good, so I’m going to give CO a whirl. Have a brand new S2 OR, but I’m waiting on the plate and an SRO to get here. Not really impressed with the trigger so far, but I’m used to shooting smith tuned STI 1911s, so I have a little “getting used to” to overcome. Gun is finished very nicely, and is hefty, so recoil management should go pretty good. Time will tell.

Are you happy with the P-10F? It may be a better ergonomic choice for me.
Very much so.

All I've done to mine is replace the OEM trigger with a flat HBI trigger, replaced the OEM recoil spring with a 15 lb Cajun Gun Works spring, the OEM firing pin with an NP3 coated Suarez pin, and applied 36 grit silicon carbide to both sides of the grip.

Of all those mods, the silicon carbide and the flat trigger aided me the most. The recoil spring is a fine tune to make an easy to shoot gun even easier.

I could have left the OEM firing pin in there but the Suarez pin was like $15 on closeout. Trigger is 4 lbs IIRC and the reset is very short and quick. If you grip it high, it shoots extremely flat.

I bought a factory optics-ready slide assembly and put it on my original Shadow2. It took some manual frame-slide fitting to make it work, as the new slide was very tight for the frame (PS, milled slide could void the warranty) Once done, it's super fun to shoot. I'm actually comfortable with OEM trigger weight and haven't done anything about it. BTW I put a DPP on the slide, and this is how it feels like behind it.
WeChat Image_20201019233739.jpg

Had mine milled by Primary Machine. Got the slide cuts prior to new weights requirements for CO

Attachments

• B36EE90D-B26A-454E-AA9B-2B39690BA3A9.jpeg
    B36EE90D-B26A-454E-AA9B-2B39690BA3A9.jpeg
    342.2 KB · Views: 109
Sweet! I just picked up a shadow 2 orange and will probably get it milled for an optic!